Monday, January 27, 2014

Studio Calico Sugar Rush

Oh, Sugar Rush. Studio Calico's February kits really are lovely. There are lots of brand new products straight from CHA in the kits this month and it's pretty exciting. A fun mix of colors + new products always inspires me to create.

I have some personal things going on in life right now have that prevented me from spending as much time as I hoped with the kits, but I plan to keep everything together so I can continue to use them for my other projects. Love love love.

Links to kits + add-ons will work for subscribers at this time, and will be live for everyone at midnight EST. 

FRIENDS // Sugar Rush Scrapbook Kit
This is one of my two scrapbook main kit only layouts this month. Remember the old Friends theme song that goes, "I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour"? I had the song lyrics in mind when I made this layout about our visit to the set of Friends, so I included some cute rain clouds on the layout. The 'rain' was handstitched and the hearts were cut out from an October Afternoon paper in the main kit. I used my Cameo to cut out the letters for my title. Seriously, the Cameo = best investment ever.

D, K & G // Sugar Rush Scrapbook Kit

This is my second scrapbook main kit only layout for this month. I cut out little bits of papers to layer behind my photographs. I thought the layout needed something else so before I glued on my photos + layers, I used a circle mask and spritzed a bit of Mister Huey on the background.

BEGIN ANEW // Sugar Rush Scrapbook Kit + Rock Candy + Jelly Beans + Gum Drop
I have the pleasure of designing digitial die cuts to coordinate with SC's monthly kits, and this month I designed an assortment of heart circle grid cut files. I thought it would be fun to use one here as my main 'embellishment'. I cut out the grid with my Cameo and backed it with some colorful papers from the kits. As for the alpha stickers for the title, they are an amazing gold foil and are from the Gum Drop add-on (my favorite sb add-on this month).

NEVER STOP // Sugar Rush Scrapbook Kit + Jelly Beans + Gum Drop
Are you excited for Kal Barteski's Life Scripted class at SC next month? I sure am! I've been having fun practicing some brush script before the class begins. I love looking through my quotes pinboard on Pinterest and found a good quote for my layout, which I wrote on the left side. To unite my double-page spread, I cut out some woodgrain triangles from a Lemonlush paper in Gum Drop to use on my left page, which sort of ties in with the kraft background on the right. 
On the right side, I used my Cameo to cut out some mini polaroid frames to highlight the places I traveled to in 2013. I added pops of colors to the bottom of each frame with my waterbrush and watercolors! Love how they turned out & this is personally my favorite layout this month. 

PROJECT LIFE JAN // Sugar Rush Project Life Kit
This month's PL kit is amazing, yet again! The embellishments are really cool and I'm particularly in love with the vellum alphas and chipboard shapes. I used just the PL kit for my spread below, + some brush script practice. I didn't get to break into the Ring Pop and Cherry Sours PL add-ons, but I've kept them together to use on more of my future PL spreads. They rock too :) Gold heart chipboard pieces in Cherry Sours? Yes please.

This month, you can find my designs in the digital section of the shop - one set of printables & the heart circle grid cut files. I also designed a few of the PL cards in the Sugar Rush Project Life kit as well as in the extra set of Spring cards 

Don't forget about the new mini-book workshops and new metal dies (geotags & arrows!!)! It's a good month at Studio Calico. Happy shopping!


  1. Wow - amazing layouts! The new kits are absolutly phantastic. Love the color combos.

  2. Fabulous reveal Geralyn. I loved your gallery. Each layout and spread really is a truly thoughtful and well-designed piece. You constantly inspire me :-)

  3. So beautiful pages! The details are so pretty, like the clouds raining hearts. So many good ideas in the details!