Thursday, February 27, 2014

Studio Calico Office Hours

Studio Calico's Office Hours is live today, and it's a good one. There's something about having the right mix of products in the kits that just inspires me to create. It is awesome to not have to deal with sifting through my stash and just using what's in the kits for my projects - definitely a timesaver.

(Links to kits + add-ons will work for subscribers at this time, and will be live for everyone at midnight EST.)

I'll start off with my scrapbook layouts, as usual! This month's scrapbook add-ons that accompany the main kit are To Do, Rolodex, and Coffee Break. I honestly can't pick a favorite between the three of them! I just love the assorted die-cut packs in each of the add-ons; they are some of my favorite supplies and are really versatile and fun to use.

CALIFORNIA // Office Hours Scrapbook Kit
I made this two-page layout to summarize my recent trip to So Cal. For the left side, I picked one of my favorite photos and enlarged to a full 8.5x11", then added some scanned brush script (ala Life Scripted) and digital stamp brushes in Photoshop. Instead of a regular layout, I wanted to play with transparent elements and I chose to use a baseball card page protector for the right side. Lots of fun with photos + embellishments from the main kit, and I also used my Cameo to cut out a few die-cuts for my page. You can see larger photos of this layout and the back side of the page protector in my gallery.

LOVELY // Office Hours Scrapbook Kit
I wanted to play with the flower stamp in the main kit for this layout, and I thought they would go well with my photos from a trip to the conservatory. I started by heat embossing the flower stamp with white zing, then using the Mister Huey watercolors around them so that the flowers would show through. I wanted to create more dimension so I added a few more flowers on top. They were stamped with the lovely new Color Theory inks - Blush Crush, Sunny Day, and Coral Bay.

23 // Office Hours Scrapbook Kit + To Do + Rolodex + Coffee Break 
This is personally my favorite layout this month. Love the combination of my favorite patterned papers for the background. That gorgeous triangle paper in particular is from Rolodex. I cut out the '23' using my Cameo and I used one of my go-to fonts, Bebas. I then decided to have a bit of an embellishment clustering around my photograph, and you can bet I almost hoarded that gold vellum film strip from To-Do before I finally glued it down. At least I can console myself with the fact that I used it on a favorite layout and it didn't go to waste ;)

TEA TIME // Office Hours Scrapbook Kit + To Do + Rolodex + Coffee Break 
A bright and girly layout thanks to the pack of butterflies from Coffee Break! I used almost the entire package on this layout, and I added a few smaller white butterflies for a subtle tone-on-tone effect. I love that the awesome blue foam thickers from Rolodex highlight the color of my chambray shirt.

Now, onto the Project Life kits. Though I didn't get much time to play with the add-ons, both Report and Spreadsheet have some awesome cards and embellishments. I think I love the cards in Spreadsheet a little bit more, but Report has the awesome Amy Tangerine puffy stickers! Inbox is this month's stamp set and it is an awesome little alpha. I didn't get to use them on my spreads but I did instagram a photo of them in use when I was working on some Olympics documentation for my PL :)

PROJECT LIFE JANUARY // Office Hours PL Kit
Lots of great cards this month in the PL kit, including a few of my own :) I think my favorite embellishment is the slightly puffy alpha thickers. They are in a great navy font and I want to stick them on everthing!

PROJECT LIFE FEBRUARY // Office Hours PL Kit
This is possibly my favorite PL spread as of now! I love the color scheme - based it on my sunset photo. That golden card is amazing and it was perfect for this spread since I had included photos of a beautiful sunset and the lantern festival I went to. Yup, I really love how this turned out.

That's all from me this month! Subscribers, don't forget you can bundle your orders til the end of the month! Lots of new goodies in the digital section, as well as the new collections - Color Theory, Lemon Lush, Essentials, and Wanderlust. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Completely inspired by your work this month, Geralyn! :)

    ReplyDelete