Thursday, March 27, 2014

Studio Calico Bluegrass Farm

Today's the day the new Studio Calico kit is released! Bluegrass Farm is now available to subscribers, and it will be available to everyone at midnight EST. The main kit has my absolute favorite collection of papers, and the add-ons are awesome as usual!

Let's start with the scrapbook kit + add-ons. Along with the main kit, there's Bessie, Clover, and Pip. I fell in love with the pinks and oranges in Bessie, but Pip is the fun, new embellishment-only add-on! LOVE the puffy hearts in that one. Here's the layouts I made.

CUTIES // Bluegrass Farm Scrapbook Kit
I put my Cameo to work on this layout! I used the new background cut file with my Cameo to cut the background on white cardstock, then layered it on another sheet of cardstock to create the white tone-on-tone look. I cut a few more petals from patterned paper in the main kit, then handstitched them so they would add some dimension to the layout! Love how they turned out.

Here's what the die-cut file looks like on the left, and a close-up of one of the petals on the right. So happy that the idea in my head turned out ok once I attempted to execute it ;)

MAKE // Bluegrass Farm Scrapbook Kit
This is my second main kit only layout with this kit! Seriously - the papers in the kit are awesome. I love the Capture lined paper so I decided to use it for my background. I wanted the title to have a whimsical look so I opted to handcut the letters from some of the papers so they would be a bit funky. Kept it pretty simple - that bright blue color I stamped the half circles with is the new Something Blue ink! Love love love the Color Theory ink pads. 

EPIC // Bluegrass Farm Scrapbook Kit +  Bessie + Clover + Pip
I made this two-pager this month to create a simple summary of my trip north to the Yukon. I love starting with a simple grid design, then adding details like handstitching some of the blank boxes and playing with the cool stamps in the add-ons. I think all the patterned papers I used here are from the main kit, which really shows how much I love the patterns :)

TODAY // Bluegrass Farm Scrapbook Kit +  Bessie + Clover + Pip
This was actually the first layout I completed this month. I used mainly the Bessie add-on because I fell in love with the pretty pinks! There are also bits of the other add-ons incorporated onto this layout, and I used the icon stamps from Clover to document a few facts about our trip in the top left corner.

Now, onto the Project Life kits! Pretty much fell in love with the kit's cards and embellishments again this month. I don't know how SC does it - cool washi tape, unique cork alphas, mini flair badges and more? All my faves in one. Along with this kit, the add-ons include Gertrude, Tabasco, and the Nelly stamp set. They all have some great embellishments, but I'm a bit partial to Tabasco because I designed the cork pieces for that one :) Here are my PL spreads this month!

PROJECT LIFE FEBRUARY // Bluegrass Farm Project Life Kit
I had a pretty photo-heavy spread to wrap up the month of February. I opted to add pops of yellow with a journaling card and the cute flair button to balance out the dominating blue tones in my photos. I also love the woodgrain typewriter card and glad it made it onto this spread!

PROJECT LIFE MARCH // Bluegrass Farm Project Life Kit 
This one is quite different from the first spread, because I didn't have many photos to accompany the stories I wanted to tell. I ended up using some pop culture references and a photo of a TV show I'm watching. It was fun to play with color as well and I ended up with a happy, rainbow colored spread! The colors are bold but not too overwhelming because there are still some pops of white. I love playing with color :)

If you're looking for more things to fill your shopping cart with this month, don't forget the digital section of the shop! I have my printables + cut file set there as usual, and there are also the digital stamps that are versatile and fun to use. Happy reveal day :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome projects, love your spread from your Yukon trip!

    ReplyDelete