Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Project Life Update

I love using a mix of old and new scrapbook supplies to put together another Project Life spread! It feels good to use things that I've hoarded, dig into my stationery stash, and play with new goodies all at the same time. I'm also up on the Mama Elephant blog today since I used a few of their new stamp sets (Just Hatched + Everyday Greetings) on this spread. 

This year, I find myself altering my regular page protectors a lot. My favorite way to alter my usual Design A page protector is to stitch up two of the 4x6 pockets so I have some additional 3x4 slots. 

Isn't that little bird from Mama Elephant's Just Hatched super cute? The 'welcome' stamp is also from Just Hatched, and the wood veneer alphas are from Studio Calico.

Still love speech bubbles and this particular 'smile' stamp is from Mama Elephant's Everyday Greetings. The ampersand screenprint on the right is one I've hoarded for a while now and it's one of Tina's awesome designs. I added a strip of my favorite washi tape on it for more pops of color :)

I had to include Veronica Mars since I just watched the movie (anyone else a fan of the series?) The 'though she be little she is fierce' sentiment is also from the Everyday Greetings set and I thought it was just the perfect match here!

So far, so good...pretty much up to date with my Project Life! Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with this spread! I'm so excited to work on my March PL. I've got all my photos printed out and in pockets now, so just need to get moving on having fun with the journal cards. And now I MUST include Veronica Mars in my March PL too! I saw the movie when it came out, and I have all three seasons on DVD. I'm a HUGE fan. But besides being a fan, I'm actually in three episodes in Season 2 as an extra! They filmed the series in my city San Diego. I signed up to be an extra and they called me three times! I was in the women crowd in the episode with the League of Women Voters when Veronica's dad was running for Sheriff again. I was a security guard at Kane Software. And I was an office worker in Mayor Woody's office. In that scene I was wearing a green jacket and was filing things just as Keith Mars walked into Woody's office. It was so much fun to be a part of the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so incredibly cool! It must have been such a great experience to have been on the actual sets :) Now I want to go back and look for you in the old episodes! hehe.

      Delete
  2. very cute spread! and I included veronica mars in one of my weeks, too. I waited for that movie forever :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layouts! I haven't tried the PL yet but am definitely thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete