Sunday, April 27, 2014

Studio Calico Camelot!

Today's the day - a new Studio Calico kit is revealed! May's kit is called Camelot, and like I've mentioned before, it's the perfect spring kit with soft colors and pretty embellishments. (Kits and add-ons go live for subscribers at noon EST; they will go live for everyone else on the 28th midnight EST). 

The scrapbook kit has some great stuff this month, including my favorite map paper, an ink dauber and beautiful gold rub-ons. As always, there are three scrapbook add-ons, Guinevere, Excalibur, and Merlin. Guinevere is my pick for my favorite add-on this month for the bolder pops of color and travel elements. If you're taking Maggie Holmes' mini-book workshop, the Excalibur add-on is perfect since it's packed and was carefully curated by her for this class. And since many people have asked for it, Merlin is this month's embellishment only add-on!

I'll start with my layouts as usual :)

START FRESH // Camelot Scrapbook Kit
The left side of this page? All die-cutting! I fell in love with the Lindsay Letters stamps from the PL Lancelot add-on, and I knew I wanted to use the digital version of the stamps to make a full size quote, mimicking Lindsay Letters' print (which the stamp set is based on). I used the digital stamps in Photoshop and created my cut file, which I then cut out with my Cameo. Love love love how it turned out.

To unite my two-pager, I kept the visual triangle design principle in mind as I laid out my embellishments and printables. I also made sure to keep a consistent color scheme...a dominant blue + a pop of yellow on the left side, and a dominant yellow + a pop of blue on the right side.

FAVE // Camelot Scrapbook Kit
This is my second main kit only layout. Cherry blossom season is one of my favorite times of the year, and I make sure to document it every chance I get :) Along with the main kit, I also used a couple of my own printables and one of Tina's.

PARIS IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA // Camelot Scrapbook Kit + Guinevere + Excalibur
I thought the title was appropriate since my photos are from 2008 and 2014. Love comparison shots :) I used a mix of the kits and add-ons for this layout, but a lot of the bits and pieces is actually from Guinevere. So much good stuff in that add-on - the new Crate Open Road paper and stickers, a Kelly Purkey travel tag stamp, and those great navy blue alphas. Swoon.
XO // Camelot Scrapbook Kit + Guinevere + Excalibur
Babz (Barbara) made the coolest 'xo' cut file, and I knew I had to use it this month! I wasn't sure if my Cameo could handle the intricacy of the cut file, but I gave it a shot. I made sure I had a pretty new blade loaded, as well as a sticky (but not too sticky!) mat. I also slowed down the speed of my blade, and thankfully all turned out well :) Seriously, this cut file is amazing!

Now, onto Project Life. This month's Project Life kit is definitely one of my favorites. Sometimes, there are months where I find some of the PL cards don't match my style, but not this month. I had a hard time choosing which ones to use on my spread this month because all the May cards are so pretty! Love the wood veneer banners and alpha rub-ons in this month's kit as well. You can't go wrong with either PL add-on this month too. Arthur and Lancelot are both awesome and I'm saving them to use for my travel spreads and projects :) Love love love.

PROJECT LIFE PARIS // Camelot Project Life Kit
I was so happy to find that this month's PL kit colors perfectly matched my Paris photos! I decided that I'm going to make a double-page spread for each country I visited during my Europe travels, and I pulled out Camelot for my Paris spread.
As you can see, I used a lot of digital stamp brushes right on my photos before printing them out. There are lots of great stamp designs this month and I love incorporating in a handlettered look on my spreads. 
I used my Cameo to cut out my title, and I tried out the white alpha rub-ons that are included in the kit by customizing some of my PL cards. I'm happy to report they rub on like butter - super smooth and easy! 

That's all from me this month. Though I was short on time and only had a couple days to work on my projects, I'm quite happy with how they all turned out! Hope you find something you like as well over at SC. Happy Sunday everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment