Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Studio Calico Hello, Hello!

It's the 27th today, and you know what that means. Studio Calico's June kits are now live! They are currently available for subscribers and the full release for everyone else is tonight at midnight EST.

The kits are full of bright, happy colors which are perfect for summertime. Along with the scrapbook kit, there's some fun add-ons in the mix - Hola, Bonjour, and Ni Hao. I'm partial to Hola because I got to design the stamp set for that one, but they're all pretty awesome. Here are my layouts for this month!

HOME SWEET HOME | Hello, Hello Scrapbook Kit
The cityscape paper in the main kit is awesome and it inspired me to make a layout about my favorite things about home. I layered a few patterned papers behind my photo and added a few scattered embellishments around it.
GJS | Hello, Hello Scrapbook Kit
I haven't made a 'currents' sort of layout in a while, so I thought to make one with this kit. I really wanted to use a bunch of the label stickers for my journaling and seriously, how great are the acetate alphas?! I love them.

ALL TIME FAVORITE | Hello, Hello Scrapbook Kit . Hola . Bonjour . Ni Hao
I love the stamp set in Bonjour! It lends itself to so many different possibilities. Here, I decided to stamp the piechart stamps several times on white cardstock to create a background for my page. I watercolored some of the little slices to add pops of color as well. Just a quick, happy page about my nephew :)

EXPLORE BELGIUMHello, Hello Scrapbook Kit . Hola . Bonjour . Ni Hao
The majority of the supplies I used on this double-page spread are from Hola, but I used a scattering of embellishments from the other kits as well. I really wanted to show how fun the tag stamp set I designed for Hola is so I made a grid of tags with little photos for the right side. On the left, I chose to use a large photograph and some digital stamp brushes right on it.

Now for the Project Life kit! To coordinate with this month's June PL kit are Guten Tag and G'Day, both super cute add-ons. I'm partial to the Aloha stamp only add-on since I had the opportunity to design it ;) Hope you like it! Here are my PL spreads for this month:

PROJECT LIFE APRIL | Hello, Hello Project Life Kit
I didn't have a lot of photos to use for the first few days of April, so it was fun to pull out lots of the PL kit and use some filler cards. That gold foil card with the quote is amazing! I had a chance to use a few digital stamp brushes and my printables as well.

PROJECT LIFE PRAGUEHello, Hello Project Life Kit
This month's kit has a lot of pops of orange and I thought the hues matched my Prague photos perfectly. I also added a bit of embellishing right on top of an overexposed instax photo, that way it won't go to waste. I recolored the alpha stickers with a black slickwriter.

That's it from me this month - happy reveal day!

1 comment:

  1. Always love to see your layouts and PL spreads! I can't wait to get my PL kit his month. I was able to get the Aloha stamp set as well, can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete