Saturday, June 28, 2014

Grow in Love

This week was a really good one, and one of the main reasons for that was that we welcomed a new addition to my family - my baby niece! She is adorable and just a couple of days old, but nephew is already smitten with her. It is so cute! I'm sure I'll be documenting their sibling relationship in my layouts + Project Life in the future. To start it off, I made this layout with some photos I took yesterday. Sigh, they melt my heart.

I thought the soft colors of Studio Calico's South of Market collection was perfect for this layout. The collection may seem quite theme-y, but the b-sides of the papers have subtle patterns and are really beautiful! 
Supplies: Studio Calico South of Market patterned papers (Turnip the Beet, Tickets Please, River Cottage,O'Daniels); alphas - Mini Aqua, Kraft Thickers; wood veneer - SC past retail, Garden veneer; cork - SoM Cork; chipboard - SoM Printed Fruit Chipboard; sequins - Star Sequins; stickers - Phrase Stickers; tag - SoM tags; enamel dots - SoM enamel dots; washi tape - MT, SC Spun Sugar add-on; pen - Muji

I mixed up alphasthickers, and wood veneer for the title which isn't something I normally do but I really like how it turned out.
   
Of course, I couldn't resist adding some circles - my favorite shape :) Tip: my favorite way to ensure my circle cluster is balanced is to use three circles and make sure they are all different sizes.  

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

2 comments: