Friday, June 27, 2014

Studio Calico Penny Arcade

Today's the day that Studio Calico's Penny Arcade kits go live. Pretty sure you'll love this one!

Some of my favorite things this month...wood veneers + postage stamps in the scrapbook kit. The entire Spun Sugar add-on (washi tape circle stickers!! I die). The incredibly cool Maggie + Charlotte coordinating stamp sets. The wood veneer shapes + puffy gold asterisks stickers in High Striker. And the cutest fruits ever in the Churros stamp + die combo.

I could go on and on about what I love, but seriously, this kit is another fun one to play with! Here are my projects this month:

BARCELONA | Penny Arcade Scrapbook Kit 
We spent two weeks in Spain, and by the end of the trip our photos totalled to be close to 4,500. Eek. I knew I had to get scrappin' and get a bunch of them on a page, so I made this double-page spread. The right side is a quick grid and the left highlights one of my favorite photos. I used my Cameo to cut out 'Barcelona', as well as the cute cloud die-cut I designed this month. I used the cloud stencil in the scrapbook kit as my guide for handstitching a couple of extra clouds as well!

This one was a lot of fun to make. I wanted to mix things up and use some circle on my page, so I combined patterned papers from the main kit and my printables. I used a couple handy circle punches as well as my Cameo so I could get lots of different sized circles. I LOVE the cities paper in the main kit and had to include a bit at the bottom that's 'peeking' through! 

One of my current favorite photos of my nephew :) I had fun using some of my printables, bits of papers, and the washi tape circle stickers from Spun Sugar. The gold star rub-ons are from Skeeball

This one is personally my favorite layout this month! I wanted to have fun with the incredibly cool washi tape circle stickers in Spun Sugar, so I punched out a bunch of 1" circles and stuck the stickers on them. Then I lined them up to create a circle grid. I cut the die-cut cloud with my Cameo, and added some handstitching detail to finish it off. This layout features one of my favorite photos I took in Hong Kong :)

As for my Project Life spread for this month, I went back to mid-May to document the couple of days I spent in Hong Kong. I took a bunch of really great aerial view photographs (from sky100, which I'll blog about later), and I decided to blow up a favorite one as a full size 12x12 for the left page. I used a design F page protector for the right side and managed to document some of my favorite details from the trip :) I might add an insert as well for memorabilia, since I don't plan on making a mini-book for this trip.

Happy reveal day! Don't forget the Brighton Pier Bundle is still available and if you're a subscriber, anything you buy in the shop will be bundled with the kit shipping until the end of the month! 

3 comments:

  1. Love your all your LO's! Can I ask you what font did you use for the word "Barcelona"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you did with the kits!! that washi tape is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete