Thursday, July 31, 2014

Moments

I think I will forever have wanderlust as I am always daydreaming of my next adventure. You all know how much I love to travel by the projects I make, whether they be layouts, mini-books, or Project Life. It seems like I have an endless amount of trips and experiences to document. This time, I thought it would be fun to take a different approach to my love of travel - not just a layout about where I went or what travel adventures I had, but a layout about why I love travel so much.

I printed out a couple of different photos from my various trips around the world, and I broke up the grid design with these awesome kraft thickers from Studio Calico's South of Market collection. I also used some relevant phrase stickers + pop dots to add some more dimension and interest around my title. 

Supplies: patterned paper - O'Daniels, Ticket Please; alphas - South of Market Thickers; stickers - South of Market Phrases; tag - Shipping Tag; sequins - Star Sequins; enamel dots - South of Market; ink - Versafine, Color Theory Mint Hint; washi tape - MT 
It's rare for me to share my journaling, but I thought I'd post it here since travel is such a prominent theme in my projects and something I really value in my life. I wrote on this page: 

"I've been thinking a lot about why I love to travel so much & while there are a lot of reasons, one that really resonates with me is the importance of moments. Travelling to new places shows me so much about the world, & when a certain moment instills in me a sense of awe & wonder, it becomes a memory that will stay with me the rest of my life. I live for these moments. I love to travel."

Happy Thursday everyone! 

PS. If you follow me on instagram, I use the hashtag #gsytravels to document any current travels and some past travel moments on ThrowbackThursday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment