Sunday, July 27, 2014

Studio Calico Sandlot!

Happy Sunday everyone! Today is the day that Studio Calico's August kit, Sandlot, is revealed! I got my kit a bit later this month and with all the summer activities, I didn't have as much time to spend with these kits as I hoped. But I did get to finish two layouts and a Project Life spread! Here they are:

FUN | Sandlot Scrapbook Kit
This month, the CT did a member lift and I chose the amazing Jill Sprott! I've loved Jill's work for years now, and this is her beautiful layout that I lifted. I played around with my popsicle cut files, Silhouette Cameo, mists, and watercolors to create the background of this page. I'll be posting a tutorial on it soon!

MADDIE | Sandlot Scrapbook Kit, Hercules, Jet, Smalls
This layout is a mix of the main kit and the add-ons. We're all pretty smitten with my new baby niece :) So many cute photos to scrap! For the left page, I chose a favorite photo to enlarge and I added a digital stamp and washi tape from Jet. The right side balances it out with lots of little embellishments and photos. Jet is definitely my favorite add-on this month! Those Crate Paper Open Road frames are so, so good. I'm torn between wanting to hoard them or use them all up!

PROJECT LIFE JULY | Sandlot Project Life Kit
I've decided to work current and fill in the gaps in my Project Life later, which has been working great so far. This spread uses the PL kit and some of the printables from my set and Tina's. I also played around with the cool new circle craft dies! They're the perfect size on Project Life cards.

You can find some of my designs on the Project Life cards in this month's PL kit, and of course in the digital shop. I have to say, this month's digitals are some of my personal favorites. I totally had the brief heatwave we had here on my mind when I was designing my printable and cut files, because you can see there's a popsicle theme going on ;)

Just some other things to note that you could fill your shopping basket with:

+ The Maggie alpha + Charlotte numbers stamp sets are back in stock! I grabbed Maggie last time, and I think I need Charlotte to match! Love this cool font. There are so many ways to layer and use it.

+ I mentioned it before, but my Aloha stamp set that I designed for SC, as well as Tina's Howdy craft die + stamp set, are also back in stock. Be sure to get them quick before they sell out again! I know a couple of people were waiting for bundling to begin to snatch them up.

+ Color color color. The Color Theory ink refill bundle and the Color Theory acrylic ink bundle are both still in stock! The code I posted in my previous blog post is still valid too.

+ Get ready for Marcy's mini-book class by grabbing a 4x4 Instagram album & page protectors. I bought a few of these albums and they are so darn cute!

Brighton Pier...I know a lot of things are currently sold out but they'll be restocked soon. I'm looking to grab the 6x6 paper pad for now! Love smaller, scaled-down patterns.

Okay, that's all from me today. Happy reveal!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so flattered that you lifted me -- thanks! You took a beautiful, fresh approach to an older layout. And now I want those popsicle die-cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow - absolutly amazing. Your projects are so wonderfull - especially the layout with the ice creams.

    ReplyDelete