Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Studio Calico's Poet Society!

Studio Calico's Poet Society is now live for subscribers! There's a really great mix of unique embellishments and beautiful patterns in the kits this month. As I mentioned before, I'm particularly fond of all the amazing Crate Paper & Shimelle goodies that were interspersed in the kits. I think my favorite scrapbook add-on this month is Alcott (that stamp set and those die cuts? yes!), with Dickinson being a close second (the tags totally sold me on this one). Let me start with my scrapbook projects:

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD | Poet Society Scrapbook Kit
I knew I had the perfect Northern Lights photo to go with the constellation paper found in the scrapbook kit. I decided to emphasize the polar grid design by using a circle photo and arranging the sequins around the design. I used my white pen and drew dotted lines to draw attention to the pattern. Since the Creative Team didn't receive the alphas in time, I cut out letters for my title with my Cameo - love how versatile and handy this machine is.

WHAT A GEM Poet Society Scrapbook Kit
For this layout, I had lots of fun playing with the card kit digital stamps! I used them right on this adorable photo of my niece, and after printing out my photo (yes, I went for an enlarged 8.5x11" photo), I handstitched a couple of the (digitally stamped) gems for emphasis. All the little embellishments I used are from the scrapbook kit. I loved using the little sequins to finish off the layout and they totally fit with my title/subject. Layout tutorial coming soon, I promise! 

This layout started with that screenprint from Whitman - I knew I had to try it out. I also wanted to use a couple of photos, but realized that my layout would become too crowded if I had the screenprint and so many photos/elements. I decided to make this a two-pager so I could fit everything I wanted on my layout. I also did a little bit of misting on the right page with the acrylic ampersand from Alcott as a mask! I chose Clay Mister Huey for a subtle effect.

RADPoet Society Scrapbook KitDickinsonAlcott, & Whitman
I wasn't kidding when I said there were so many beautiful Crate Paper & Shimelle products in the kits. Honestly, some of the ephemera went straight into my 'hoard' pile. I did make myself use some of them to create a layered layout about some of my favorite things in life right now. To coordinate with the layout's color scheme, I stamped some of the kit stamps with Color Theory's Sunny Day, Orange County, Blush Crush, and Mint Hint as well as Versafine's Onyx Black - my go-to black ink.

Oh, Project Life. It's so easy to fall behind on this project, but I don't let it stress me out. I caught up for a while, and even pulled out my 2013 album to finish a few missing spreads, but life got busy again and once again, I'm behind. I'm planning to do a bit of catch up this coming weekend with this month's PL add-ons though - Oliver and Yeats are on my desk waiting for me! Anyway, enough on that. Here are the PL spreads I did this month with the Poet Society Project Life kit:

PROJECT LIFE BARCELONA
Yup, a travel spread without any travel products. Totally doable :) I thought the letter stickers in the PL kit this month were really fun, and I used them to spell out 'Barcelona' on the orange card. So in love with the gold rub-ons included in the kit as well! Of course, I snuck in some printable goodness, some from my set and some from Tina's.

PROJECT LIFE AUGUST
This spread documents the first week or so of August. I didn't have a lot of photos, but I didn't mind since that meant I could use some of the beautiful filler cards in this month's kit. I also used my printables again - the little banner printables make me so very happy.

That is all from me this month! Be sure to check out the rest of the kits, especially since SC totally upped their game this month with all the beautiful new Poet Society stamp sets. Yes! I think the rocket is my favorite, but I also need those Alex & Ben alpha stamps in my life. Happy reveal day!

Studio Calico is a kit club that offers Scrapbook, Project Life, and Card kits each month, as well as coordinating add-on kits and shop supplies. Kits are revealed on the 27th of each month (noon EST for subscribers, midnight EST for everyone). To learn more about the kits, click here

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the what a gem layout is so sweet! :) Thanks for sharing all your SC layouts!

    ReplyDelete