Saturday, September 27, 2014

Studio Calico's The Underground

Studio Calico's newest kit, The Underground, is now live for subscribers (full reveal for everyone is midnight EST). As I mentioned before, this kit has a lovely color palette and is full of beautiful, fall-inspired products. I got all the scrapbook kit/add-ons & the Project Life kit/add-ons. So good. Let's talk scrapbook kit first. I honestly can't choose a favorite scrapbook add-on as there were so many fun elements I loved in each. I do have to say that the Notting Hill stamp set was my fave of the three though - I fell in love with that squiggly stitch stamp! Here are my scrapbook projects this month:

MAKE MAGIC | The Underground Scrapbook Kit
Included in this month's scrapbook kit is a fun, diamond silk screen. I paired the silkscreen with some acrylic paints I mixed together (the Color Theory acrylic inks are perfect for this!) and I love how clean the impression is. I thought I would attempt to mimic the mosaic pattern in my photo by cutting out some hexagons with my Silhouette and handstitching a couple of them on my page.
+ Supplies: printables - In a Creative Bubble, Hello ForeverSilhouette Cameo; acrylic inks - Color Theory; inkpad - Clean Slate

GIRLS The Underground Scrapbook Kit
My second main kit only layout this month is quite simple, but sometimes simple is just the way to go! I loved cutting up the Crate Paper folder paper in the kit and the wood veneer alphas are just perfection. I traced the floral digital stamp (the actual stamp is from the Picaddilly add-on) in the Silhouette Software so that I could cut it out with my Silhouette to layer on my page. The floral is spritzed with some yellow mist to give it a bit of color.
+ Supplies: printables - Hello Forever; Silhouette Cameo; digital stamp - The Underground Digital Kit Stamps; mist - Double Yellow Mister Huey

Around HereThe Underground Scrapbook Kit, Piccadilly, Notting Hill, King's Cross
I love mixing up my kits and pulling supplies from here and there when working on projects! For my double-page layout this month, I wanted to document the sunflower fields I saw in Spain. I blew up a favorite photo for the left page, and I used my Silhouette with a digital stamp to make my title. I decided I wanted to unite the two pages with the triangle element, so I used the fun triangle stamps and wood veneer triangles from Notting Hill. Lots of little bits of layering for the right page; I swear I need a second pack of those awesome Crate chipboard frames from Piccadilly. They are my favorite.
+ Supplies: printables - Hello Forever; digital stamp - The Underground PL Kit Stamps; Silhouette Cameo; inkpads - Onyx Black, Clean Slate

FAMILY | The Underground Scrapbook KitPiccadillyNotting HillKing's Cross
This is a hybrid layout through and through. I started by editing Shanna's awesome digital layout template in Photoshop by changing up the color scheme and adding lots of digital stamping and even Paige's cut file as a pattern on some of the tags. After printing the page out, I layered more embellishments, the gold alphas (love!!), and my photograph right on one of the tags. I love how easy it is to customize digital elements, but I love including actual embellishments and papers for more dimension. This is my favorite layout this month :)
+ Supplies: digital template - Shanna Noel; digital stamps - The Underground PL Kit Stamps, The Underground Scrapbook Stamps, Forest Stamps, Scarves Stamps; cut file - Paige Evans; inkpad - Clean Slate 

Now for Project Life! Hands down, completely in love with this month's kit and add-ons (Baker Street is my fave). Occasionally there are some supplies that aren't my style, but I find everything in this month's kit so useable and fun! I also got the Days of the Week stamp set that I have yet to use, but you can bet they'll be inked and stained in no time - such a fun layering concept. Here's my PL spread for the month:

PROJECT LIFE SPAIN | The Underground Project Life Kit
Though there are hints of autumn in this kit, I decided to go back and make a spread from June about my travels in Southern Spain. I know I'll be making a mini-book for this trip, so I'm just choosing to highlight the places we visited and provide a general summary - that way there's no gap in my PL.
SC wanted to include a couple of my Explore card designs in this month's kit, and I was honored. The tag card is my favorite, and you can spot several others I designed on my spread. To create a cohesive look on my spread, I used the digital stamp geotag and a clean font to label each city & list the date we were there. That awesome 'adventures' is also a digital stamp I put right on my photo - I love it so much.
I think my favorite embellishment in this month's PL kit is the masking tape. It was an unexpected surprise since I'm so used to washi tape these days, but it is super cool and SC nailed it with the fall-themed phrases. Since it wasn't fall when we went to Spain, I simply chose to use the 'get cozy' phrase here to adhere an instax photo to a card. 
+ Supplies: digital stamps - The Underground Project Life Kit Stamps; printables - In a Creative Bubble; inkpad - Onyx Black 

That's all from me this month! Be sure to check out the digitals because they are pretty awesome - particularly the stamp designs! Have a great weekend :)

Studio Calico is a kit club that offers Scrapbook, Project Life, and Card kits each month, as well as coordinating add-on kits and shop supplies. Kits are revealed on the 27th of each month (noon EST for subscribers, midnight EST on the 28th for everyone). To learn more about the kits, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment