Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Travel Tuesday no.16 // Marbella

Today's Travel Tuesday post brings us to Marbella, a small resort town that is part of Spain's famous Costa del Sol region. We only passed by the place and spent half a day/one night here, but it was memorable as it was my first glimpse of and encounter with the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. The town is known for its numerous celebrity guests, year-round influx of tourists, and beautiful climate.

We spent our time wandering around the Casco Antiguo (old town). There were lots little shops and cafes, which gave us a perfect chance to take a break and eat some churros.

Marbella boasts of 320 days of sunshine a year and very little rain, but unfortunately, as we made our way to the beach it became overcast and began to drizzle. It was disappointing, but c'est la vie. I was still happy to see the Mediterranean Sea for the very first time.

We left Marbella the next morning, and I snapped these photos while we were on the road. The skies had cleared again in the morning, and this is how crystal clear blue the Mediterranean looks on a sunny day. Just gorgeous.

I'll be back next week with an entry on Granada! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for posting these. I love to travel and hope to get to Europe someday. I pin a picture from almost every Travel Tuesday post to my Pinterest Travel board! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting :) Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself when I write these posts!

      Delete
  2. What are the fonts that you use? The combination is gorgeous. Normally for capital letter fonts I usd bebas neue but I find that it is rather chunky!

    ReplyDelete