Thursday, October 9, 2014

Northern Lights Travel Mini // Part II

I'm back today with another look inside my Northern Lights travel mini. (You can find Part I over here). Here we go!

Left | That plaid card (from a past Studio Calico kit) is one of my absolute favorite cards and I've been hoarding it forever. Finally decided to commit it to a spread! Yay for getting over my hoarding tendencies.

Right | I stamped the 'Yukon Wildlife Preserve' with some fun Kelly Purkey alpha stamps and various Color Theory inks. I really love how it turned out.

Left | I've been saving that deer PL card (from a past Studio Calico kit) for ages now because I wasn't sure how to use it, and now was the perfect opportunity.

Right | I used an October Afternoon page protector on this side and I loved filling in the 2x2 pockets!

Right | We visited the hot springs but I didn't want to risk my camera getting wet by bringing it out to the pools, so I didn't take any photos during our visit. I still wanted to document it though since it was such a unique experience (the pools were about 40-50*C and it was -10*C outside) so I googled the hot springs to find photos to use for this page. I don't mind using photos that are not my own to help tell a story since this book is a personal book & is just for me. (Photo credits here & here).

Left | I pulled out my embossing powder to emboss the moon stamp. Haven't used embossing powder in ages but I should do it more often - love how crisp white the image is.

Right | I cut a four 3x4 pocket page protector in half so that I would be left with two 3x4 pockets. The transparency at the top was from an old Studio Calico kit and it was just perfect for this page.

Right | Our second night was pretty much a fail in seeing the Northern Lights. It was a beautifully starry night until the clouds rolled in and there was cloud coverage surrounding the entire sky. Sigh. I still love my shot of the cabin though so I printed it as a 6x8. You can't see it well in this photo but there were so many stars visible that night, including the Orion constellation.
It was really cool to spot Orion in my photo, so to help document the story, I designed this PL card to illustrate the constellation. I love getting a chance to include custom designs in my mini books. 

This wraps up the second part of our trip! I'll be back with the final post soon. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous book. I just love your photos. The Orion card was super awesome. For the October Afternoon page protectors, did the holes match up to the album? Or if not, how did you punch them out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, the holes didn't match. I used a one hole punch to punch new holes for them to fit into my album!

      Delete
  2. This gives me so much inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing. I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so inspiring! This makes me want to make one by myself right now!

    ReplyDelete