Friday, October 17, 2014

Northern Lights Travel Mini // Part III

Hi everyone! I'm sharing the final part of my Northern Lights travel mini today. You can find part I and part II of this mini-series over at each link, respectively. Here are some more pages!

Left | The 'adventure' lettering is from Paislee Press, and the 'this is my today' digital stamps is an old one from Studio Calico. That's a photo of the Yukon River, by the way.

Right | It's a bit hard to tell from this photo, but this isn't actually a four 3x4 pocket page protector. I cut a page protector in half again so that I would be able to have two 3x4 pockets.
Lettering is by Noel Shiveley! His work is amazing.

Left | The reason I wanted to add a two pocket 3x4 page protector was so I could add some info about Whitehorse, Yukon. We had a city tour early in the morning and our guide told us lots of facts and history about the city. I thought it would be interesting to include it in my album here.

Left | The 'today' card is another Project Life card from a past Studio Calico kit that I finally stopped hoarding! Thankfully I have the letterpress plate so I can make more similar cards.

Right | Just a random page with lots of selfies. I love using the October Afternoon page protector with all the 2x2 slots.

Left | The 'good times' lettering is by Paislee Press. I stamped the word 'FUN' using SC's Maggie alpha stamps. It was my first time trying them out and I love that the bold and thin alphas can be overlapped.

Left | I actually didn't bring my instax, so it was great to be able to print some instax photos post-trip using my instax share. Love the little instax printer. 

Left | Thankfully, our last night was a success and we saw another incredible display of the Northern Lights! With some effort, we even managed to get photos with the lights. It was amazing.

Right | The 'adventure' transparency card is from a past Studio Calico kit. Though I love the look of transparencies, I seem to rarely use them. I'm glad I managed to incorporate a couple of them into this mini album and that they fit the topics of my book perfectly!
Left | My last page simply summarizes our experience and I got a gorgeous airplane window shot that I love! The bird is a stamp from an old Studio Calico kit and I stamped it with Color Theory's Deja Blue, a lovely navy ink. 

As you can see, I've pretty much hit the capacity of this Project Life 6x8 album. I did use some dimensional embellishments here and there, but I still managed to fit 26 page protectors in my album. I really hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my travel mini! Hopefully this encourages you to document your travels as well :) Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. this mini is spectacular! I so love it!
    You totally inspired me to use more word arts on photos before printing. I almost never do this but I have to say, it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectaculair indeed! Love your album, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Andrea's comment. I adds to the feel of the photo!

    ReplyDelete