Monday, December 8, 2014

December Daily 2014 // Part I

I've been working on my December Daily whenever I can in the past week, and it's been a fun process. Since my album is more of a 'holiday moments' book rather than documenting a story a day, I've given myself the flexibility of not documenting every day. Some days there may be more than one spread, or I may just skip a day all together. I even started my pages with a few things that happened in November, since the moments and events were holiday related. I love that there are no hard and fast rules when creating this mini.

INTRO 
Every year when I make my DD, I start with an intro page. Why I'm making this book. What I'm looking forward to in the upcoming days and the holiday season.

Originally, I wanted to put a 6x8 calendar for December. But since I ended up having a few events happen in November, it didn't feel right to add the calendar here anymore. I hemmed and hawed on this page for a while, and finally found an incredible page from Jamaica that inspired this left page. Totally scraplifted her, because she is awesome. I printed out the bokeh tree photo with my instax share printer and I love how it turned out. Gold puffy heart is this one at SC...I need multiple packs.

A mish mash of stuff on the right page. I used some letterpress cards I made (more on letterpress in DD here), a filler card from Noel Journaling Cards no.1, and a few bits and pieces from last year and this year's Ali Edwards DD kits.


NOV 25 | STORY: Decorating the tree.
The first story in my book is about setting up our Christmas tree, which happened at the end of November. In between my spread I included a two 3x4 pocket page protector insert, which I made by cutting off two pockets from a four 3x4 pocket page protector.

Pretty photo-heavy for the left side. I used a journaling card from Noel Journaling Cards no.2 for the story.

For the insert, I cut a 3x4 snowflake transparency (not sure of the brand or where it's from, perhaps a past SC kit?), and stuck a Rifle Paper Co sticker in the middle. I used another sticker from the same set on the back of the transparency. The 'joy' tab sticker is from the Ali Edwards December Daily kit.

Here's how the spread looks with the insert page flipped over. The cute little deer filler card on the left was made with this Mama Elephant stamp set and a little label from Noel Tags + Labels. I always love taking bokeh photos of my tree! This was a daytime shot that I printed at 6x8 and I'll be including a nighttime shot sometime later in my book too.

On my photo, I added a digital stamp from the Be Merry Digital Stamp Brushes as well as a little typed journaling. I kept the embellishing simple by just adding a star. The cute copper chipboard star is from the SC add-on Waldorf, which includes the cutest stamp set ever. I'll show you how I used it on one of my DD pages later on!

I don't plan on sharing every single DD page on my blog, but will be posting now and then :) How is your DD so far?

3 comments:

  1. Love these pages! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That intro page. I die. Your album is so good! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any tips for how to intentionally take a bokeh shot? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete