Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December Daily 2014 // Part II

Sharing two more December Daily spreads today! Here we go.

NOV 28 | STORY: Holiday shopping.
November 28th was Black Friday, and I did some shopping and inadvertently bought some Christmas gifts. Since I was almost done all of my Christmas shopping by then, I thought I might as well include present shopping in November here in my book since I may not even have to shop for gifts in December. The left side is a free printable from A Pair of Pears and I'll be filling it out with my shopping list this year.

The right side was a fun mish-mash of stuff. It may not look like it, but I included some memorabilia here ;) The 'oh what fun' card was originally a popper from Anthropologie that the store gave out to shoppers on Black Friday (here is what it originally looked like), and the gold foil was way too pretty to throw away. I brought home the popper and cut it to make a 3x4 filler card. The angel is a Rifle Paper Co tag and the 'happy holidays' card is from Noel Journaling Cards no.2.

NOV 29 | STORY: First snowfall. (left page)
NOV 30 | STORY: New ornaments. (right page)
This next DD spread documents the end of November. Just some small happenings around here, so I opted to give each story one side of the spread.

Snowfall is such a rare incidence around here and I love getting to document it in my book. The beautiful 'let it snow' lettering is a Mama Elephant stamp (wish it were my handwriting, ha!). I really wanted to include this Rifle Paper Co card I bought in my album, but in a 3x4 pocket instead of an insert. So to do so, I scanned and shrunk it to fit in the pocket.

For the right side, I took photos of my two new ornaments to document in my album. I added a little text on each photo in Photoshop, as well as digital stamps (the asterisk and the diamond) from Be Merry Digital Stamp Brushes before printing. The split card is a filler card I made (Noel Filler Cards no.2) but I used a flair badge (Studio Calico, I think?) in the middle instead of the sentiment. The 'let's be merry' handlettering is another Mama Elephant stamp.

I'll finally share some real December pages next time, ha. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. So awesome! I always loved your journaling cards. I need to grab another set for this year. I did an anthro page too. I included the popper and the "gift for your gift" tree card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple text over the ornament photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know what font you used for the text with the ornaments. Beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete