Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December Daily 2014 // Part IV

Today I'll be sharing December 6-9 in my December Daily album. I'm still enjoying this project very much and I've been printing my photos in batches every couple of days, which definitely helps me keep up to date.

DEC 6 | STORY: Dyeing bottle brush trees.
I was really happy to find bottle brush trees to dye this year, a holiday crafting project I've been wanting to try since last year! After snapping some photos of my project, I added a 5x7 page protector to the right side so I could include a photo of how the trees look on my mantel.

I'm glad I remembered to snap before/after photos of my project because I love the contrast. I used a 4x6 journaling card from the Ali Edwards DD kit for my journaling and kept it simple so that the page wouldn't be too busy.
Gold/silver/copper foil embellishments are always difficult to photograph, but they look so pretty in real life and I love adding bits and pieces of them in my album! I stamped the three stars with Emerald City ink for a tone-on-tone look.

UNDATED | STORY: Hi Santa.
DEC 7 | STORY: Holiday jello. (right)
I had the back side of the 5x7 page protector to fill, so I decided to include my sister's family photograph with Santa. They actually got the photo taken in late November, but I'm not stressing on those details and decided to add it here since it was a good size and worked well as a filler. The right side was a quick page about an impromptu craft with my nephew.

I added some of my handlettering (from Be Merry Photo Templates) right on the Santa photo before printing. The little leaf brush stamp I used beside the handlettering is from Studio Calico's December digital stamps.

We let my nephew cut out our color block holiday jello with cookie cutters and it somehow became an impromptu craft event that I decided to add to my album! ha. Love the bold look of Kelly Purkey's kit cards and I included the 'peace joy love' one here .The bottom pocket is a 4x6 slot but I wanted the look of two 3x4 slots, so I added an Elle's Studio polaroid frame on one side and one of my printable tags (from Noel Tags + Labels) on top of kraft paper on the other side.

DEC 8 | STORY: Christmas cookies (left)
DEC 9 | STORY: Christmas with my niece. (right)
(Note: I skipped photographing a spread from the 7th, which was a cozy holiday party with friends.)
I thought I wouldn't make a page for the 8th since nothing really happened, until my friend gifted me & the rest of our co-workers with some adorable Christmas cookies. I knew I had to snap a photo for my book! I cut a four 3x4 pocket page protector in half to include the photo. The 9th was just another simple photoshoot with my niece :)

I am really loving the mix of page protectors in my album and decided to use an October Afternoon page protector that has 2x2 slots. It was really fun filling in the little pockets with papers and embellishments, the majority of which came from either the Ali Edwards DD kit or past Studio Calico kits. I'm loving the added texture from the cork snowflake and am almost done my pack!

I added sequins and wood veneer asterisks in a middle pocket and handstitched it shut. Right on top of the page protector, I added a word sticker to ensure it could be seen. Had I put it inside the page protector, it may have gotten mixed up and covered by the sequins and wood veneers.

DEC 9 | STORY: My favorite reindeer!
On the back side of the 2x2 slot page protector, I added a second photoshoot I did with my niece and nephew. I had finished making my nephew's reindeer antlers and finally got some photos of the two of them together. The 'oh what fun' is a Starbucks bag that will correspond with my Dec 10 story about Starbucks. I decided not to put anything inside and simply used it as a filler in my album.

More photos, papers, and embellishments. Another word sticker on top of the sequins slot. Another cork snowflake. I stamped directly on one of the photos with Well Red ink since there was a lot of white space. It's a simple technique, but I have been really liking the look of stamping directly on photos and I love that the Color Theory inks dry quickly and don't smudge (I use Epson Premium Photo Paper).

More spreads to come! Just need to get around to photographing them. Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages....what kind of mists did you use for the trees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Studio Calico Mister Hueys! They can be found here: http://bit.ly/1dnjofx

      Delete
  2. I love everything little detail of every inch of these pages!!! You are in my top three list of favorite December Daily'ers. :) Thanks so much for taking time to share all this! I shared your blog with my podcast listeners on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete