Monday, December 22, 2014

December Daily 2014 // Part V

Today I'm sharing December 10-13 in my December Daily album and it's all about customizing page protectors. It has been fun to use different page protectors in this mini and I've been playing around with the layered look by hand stitching page protectors and customizing their sizes. You'll see in a bit!

DEC 10 | STORY: Starbucks' red cup.
Every year in my DD, I like to document the return of the red cup at Starbucks. You've seen how I simply punched holes in the Starbucks kraft bag to add to my album in my previous post (here). I debated about what to do with the back of the bag and finally decided to leave it as is since I like how it had a French phrase handlettered on it.

I used a journaling card from Ali Edwards' DD kit and the phrase is a stamp from Elle's Studio. I included the Starbucks gift card that's shaped like a red cup and the 'tis the season banner is a printable from Noel Cut-outs.

DEC 11 | STORY: Wrapping presents. (left)
DEC 11 | STORY: Holiday greeting cards/happy mail. (right)

A change of plans on the 11th resulted in a cozy night in wrapping gifts & watching holiday movies. I used two journaling cards from Studio Calico's past Christmas PL card set, both of which were designed by Tina whose work I adore. On the photo of myself, I added Paislee Press' handlettered word art on the photo in Photoshop and typed 'wrapping gifts' underneath it before printing it out.

The page protector on the right was originally this one by Simple Stories, which had a 4x6 slot in the middle and six 2x2 slots. I simply stitched the middle pocket at 4" and cut off the 2" excess from the page protector to customize it, leaving four 2x2 slots and one 4x4 slot. I snapped a photo of some holiday cards I ordered and got in the mail, and I added my 'Season's Greetings' handlettered word art on the photo (from Be Merry Photo Templates).  I decided to add patterned paper, transparencies & embellishments to the 2x2 slots.

DEC 11 | STORY: Holiday greeting cards/happy mail. 
In continuation with the story on my happy mail, I took a photo of the new Rifle Paper Co ornament card on my tree and used that as the 4x4 photo for this page. The right side is packaging from one of my happy mail packages, which I used as a filler.

It is fun to play with transparency elements on my page and I like how they provide a little peek of what is behind. The cork snowflake is from Studio Calico's Waldorf add-on and the envelope sticker (very fitting for a page about happy mail!) is from Rifle Paper Co.

The right side is another customized page protector. I handstitched a full size page protector at 3" then cut off the excess to create a 3x8 page protector. One of my happy mail packages came in a beautiful, letterpressed paper bag. It fit perfectly as a filler here. There was a space in the design where the brand was labelled, but I covered it with a chipboard sticker from Ali's DD kit. I'm happy to repurpose packaging and it's sort of like adding memorabilia to my mini :)

DEC 12 | STORY: Twinkle lights.
DEC 13 | STORY: Holiday currents list.
Not a lot of happened on the 12th, so I included one of my favorite photos I took this season - bokeh lights of our Christmas tree. The 13th has a list of 'currents' based on what's happening around this holiday season. 

On my 3x8 photo, I simply added some text and Paislee Press word art. I really love the layered look of the different sized page protectors.

The 'Currently' lettering is a freebie from Life Documented Manila, and I simply used it as an overlay on my photo. I typed 'holiday edition' underneath it since I'm talking all about the little holiday-related bits in my life right now (some of which are pictured in the photo I snapped of my hot cocoa mug, holiday cookies & music).

I cut a star transparency sheet to 3x4 and added a printable circle tag (from Noel Circle Tags) on top of the card. Then I layered a 1" glitter circle and a chipboard circle (from Ali's DD kit) to create a unique embellishment for this page.

I'm about a week behind in my DD at this point, since it is getting busy with Christmas coming up and other deadlines I need to prioritize. I'm hoping to squeeze in some time tomorrow to work on my mini some more though! Are you currently up to date?

3 comments:

  1. I had about 4 days to catch up on yesterday. I was able to get through it. I know that I lose interest after Christmas Day. So I really have to stay up-to-date or I won't finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you share what album and what pocket pages you use? What size are those? I'm sorry if you've already stated this, I'm just coming to your blog for the first time. I love Project Life, but it I find 12x12 too daunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using a Studio Calico handbook and the pages are approximately 6x8. SC is coming out with new 9x12 and 6x8 albums next year which I heard many people are planning on using for Project Life! Hope that's helpful.

      Delete