Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Studio Calico's Cirque

Studio Calico's February kits are now live (add-on links in this post will work for subscribers now, and will be available for everyone else at midnight EST), and they are a playful mix of bold colors and sweet elements. Here's what I made with them:

Let's start off with my scrapbook main kit layout!

GO | Cirque Scrapbook Kit
Oh man, so many cool and unique embellishments in this kit. I decided to start with the curved grid wood veneer piece. It's giant and the curve immediately reminded me of a globe or map. So it became my inspiration to create a layout summarizing the places I went to in 2014.

I used the oversized letters as a mask to create my title 'GO', and I misted my page with Color Theory Mint Hint Mister Huey. I love that there are now coordinating Color Theory mists which perfectly match the inks and other embellishments. After letting my page dry (honestly, I waited only a minute or so - I was impatient!), I simply stamped around the letters using Mint Hint ink and the gem stamps in the main kit. Using the coordinating mists and inks together creates such beautiful, subtle detail and you can bet I'll try this again in the future. As for the wood veneer piece, I filled it with miniature photos from my travels and some patterned papers. This is definitely one of my favourite layouts in a while!

And here are my Project Life spreads using the PL kit and add-ons (Pantomime + Roman Ladder) this month:

PROJECT LIFE JANUARY 2015 | Cirque Project Life Kit
Aside from my 2015 title page (which I haven't made yet), this is the first spread in my 2015 PL album. Yup, I'm sticking with 12x12 again this year!. My thoughts/game plan is that this will be very similar to last year's PL, but I hope to include more stories and everyday stuff in my pages this year. More little stories, notes, quotes, the like. I thought I did pretty well for this first spread since I included memorabilia (the little tag), and a quick journaling card about some things I am loving about life, right now. Stuff that I don't have photographs for but simply things that I want to remember that make me happy. More of this in my book this year, please :)

As for this spread itself, I love love love the bold sans serif alphas as well as the gold chipboard hearts included in the PL kit. I want to use them on everything!

PROJECT LIFE NOVEMBER 2014 (1)Cirque Project Life Kit
I also used this month's kit to do some major catch up in my PL 2014 album. I have a bunch of random gaps to fill (especially for the end of the year) so with this kit, I focused on working on November. I don't normally use such a bold pink, but I decided to just go for it and I'm liking how this spread turned out. I love the cute sun/morning card in the PL kit and there's a matching moon/evening card that I used on a different spread as well!


PROJECT LIFE NOVEMBER 2014 (2) | Cirque Project Life KitPantomime + Roman Ladder
Another spread for November. If I had to choose just one Project Life add-on this month, it would be Roman Ladder. I absolutely love the stamp set and used it a ton to stamp patterns and to decorate one of my filler cards. You'll also spy a card and sticker from Tina's Spring card set add-on this month. It's super cute and I'm tempted to grab another because I love both the A and B sides.

PROJECT LIFE NOVEMBER 2014 (3) | Cirque Project Life KitPantomime + Roman Ladder
My final spread this month is another one from November of last year. More memorabilia (a business card) and stamping using the Roman Ladder stamps. I didn't have a lot of photos for this particular week/spread, so I printed out screencaps of some things I was watching at that time - a movie and a Korean tv drama. I like switching things up sometimes and having visual reminders of what I've been watching instead of simply just jotting down a note on a card.

Also, here is where you can find my designs this month:
1. Cirque Card Kit // 4x6 Stamp Set (!) - This was my first time doing the stamp set for the card kit, and it was so fun to switch gears and design from a cardmaker's perspective.
2. Cirque Card Kit Digital Stamps
3. Cirque Cut Files
4. Cirque Printables

Don't forget to check out the rest of the add-ons! I'm really stoked about the return of the Noah outline alpha stamps, as well as High Wire, my fave scrapbook add-on this month.

One last thing, subscribers can also take advantage of bundling right now and purchase the beautiful new 9x12 and 6x8 albums and page protectors in the SC shop, to ship with your kits! I'm thinking of grabbing a woodgrain 9x12 album as a larger travel mini for one of my big trips. They all look so lovely though. Which one are you eyeing?

Happy reveal day!

Studio Calico is a kit club that offers subscriptions to Scrapbook, Project Life, and Card kits each month, as well as coordinating add-on kits and shop supplies. Kits are revealed on the 27th of each month (noon EST for subscribers, midnight EST on the 28th for everyone). Learn more about the kits here

No comments:

Post a Comment