Friday, March 27, 2015

Studio Calico's Lisse Street

Today's the day for Studio Calico's reveal of the new Lisse Street April kits! Lisse refers to a beautiful place in the Netherlands that is famous for their tulips, and it is such a fitting name for this new kit and its spring vibes and pretty colors. I found this kit to be really easy to work with, and I quickly finished my Project Life spreads and layout for this month! As always, subscribers now have access to the kits and add-ons, and they will be available to everyone at midnight EST.

Just a quick heads up before I show you my projects...as you know, the Project Life cards are available digitally in the shop but this month, they've also released the Project Life add-on cards digitally! Yay!! There are always a couple of cards that I really love and I'm happy to now have the option to print out extras of my favorites. PSA over ;) Let's start with my layout...

HELLO G | Lisse Street Scrapbook Kit
I love pretty much all of the embellishments in April's scrapbook kit and I had fun mixing up the die-cuts, puffy asterisk stickers, phrase stickers, and large chipboard alphas for this layout! My Pinterest is filled with lots of quotes that I love, so it seemed like a good idea to create a sort of 'motivational' layout with these quotes. I chose some of my favorites and paraphrased them here for my journaling as good reminders for myself. I printed my self-portrait series of photos in black and white so that they would contrast with the spring colors of this kit.

PROJECT LIFE MARCH | Lisse Street Project Life Kit, Lisse Street Printables by In a Creative Bubble
This Project Life spread came together so quickly for me! I think the colors of the kit really matched my photos, making it very simple to combine things and put this together. The embellishments are great this month and I particularly fell in love with the chipboard shapes and the stamp set. I used the icons from the stamp set to create that stamped patterned card that says 'good times' :)

PROJECT LIFE SEATTLE | Lisse Street Project Life Kit, Lily, Hyacinth, Circle Stamp Set, Hudson Alpha Stamp, Lisse Street Cut Files by Hello Forever
Since I already made a mini-book for this trip (blogged here), I didn't have to worry about printing every single photo and documenting every detail. I just wanted to create an overview spread to include in my Project Life album and highlight some of my favorite photos as well as once that I didn't use in my mini. 
It's a pretty photo heavy spread, but I made good use of all the chipboard pieces in the main PL kit! I love that the Project Life cards are now available digitally as well because it makes it easy for me to print out extra cards of my favorites. That's why you'll notice how I could use the 'good times' speech bubble in my March spread as well as this one - by printing out an extra! I also made good use of the new stamp sets and had lots of fun with the Hudson alphas in particular to spell out my city name. There are so many great Color Theory inks to use for the fun, colorblocked look!

Here is where you can find my designs this month:


  1. Lisse Street Printables
  2. Lisse Street Cut Files
  3. Lisse Street Project Life Kit // a couple of PL cards
  4. Tulip Add-on // Circle die-cuts  
  5. Hyacinth Add-on // Stamp Set (+ digital stamp version)  | The little icons and phrases are meant to fit the labels so that the two products work together :)
  6. To/From Labels Masking Tape | Perfect for happy mail - this tape was designed as wrap-around labels for your cards and special deliveries!

Be sure to check out the other add-ons and don't forget that Tina's mini-book workshop registration is closing at the end of this month! I watched all the videos in her class and felt so inspired after. Happy shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! You are so talented - I just love everything you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geralyn! Love your LO's :)
    Quick question-- how do you print your photos to fit the 3x4 pockets? Are you able to do this with an Instagram photo? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I resize all my photos in Photoshop before printing, so two 3x4s can fit on a 4x6 photo. Since Instagram photos are square, I either print them as 4x4 (to go in a 4x6 pocket) or 2.5x2.5" to fit on a 3x4 journaling card.

      Delete