Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tokyo Travel Mini // Part III

Here is the final part of my Tokyo travel mini! You can find the previous posts here: Part I and Part II.

Left // The title took some careful alpha arranging, but I really love how it turned out. I layered the alphas over some pretty vellum leaves.

Right // The pamphlet I got from the palace was too tall for my album and it would have been awkward to cut it down, so I ended up simply folding it half and inserting it into a gold/white striped paper bag I had. I included this paper bag in my album using some attacher tabs, created with the SC die.

Right // The 4x6 journaling card on the right seemed too plain, so I laid a gold floral transparency (from this set) right on top of the card. It adds some fun layering and I like how it matches my gold/white paper bag on the left.

I had shared this spread before when I posted my Studio Calico Odyssey projects, but I'm including it here again so you can see how it is a part of my mini album! This spread was made with the Odyssey Project Life kit.

Right // I really love the bright pop of yellow from the Loft pamphlet I cut up and made into a 3x4 card.

Left // We had to wake up early in the morning on our last day to catch our flight home and didn't do much aside from hang out at the airport, so I simply used one journaling card to briefly jot that down. The 'keep being awesome' card is from the Odyssey Project Life Kit and I thought it was the perfect way to end my mini-album.

Right // I love transit maps and kept one on Tokyo's various subway systems. The colors are really great so I added attacher tabs and let it be the last page in my book!

Since I used a Becky Higgins album with a thinner spine (as compared to the Studio Calico handbooks), my completed mini was filled to the brim but thankfully not overflowing. I used 21 page protectors and 6 inserts. It feels so good to have another mini album completed and check off my to-do list.
That's it, Tokyo. Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome work Geralyn you are always so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the details and thoughtfulness you put into your albums! Your love for beauty and aesthetics is so inspiring! The pics are wonderful - thanks for sharing your album and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your travel albums always make me want to drop everything and go scrapbook. I love that your projects are always filled with a rainbow of colors and bright, beautiful photos. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete