Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Life, lately // no.11

I can't believe we're already almost a week into May. Sorry for the radio silence on this blog...I'm still pretty active on instagram but the blog has been on the backburner for a while. Hopefully I'll change that soon. I have some blog posts I need to get lined up! For now, here's a quick update on life, lately.

 1. // A family vacation to Hawaii back in March provided the perfect opportunity for some r&r. It was my first time visiting the islands (we went to Maui and Oahu) and I am still thinking about how wonderful the beaches were - the smooth sand, the clear waters, the warm sunshine. I have lots of photos to sort through and share for some upcoming Travel Tuesday posts.
2. // I recently headed up to the mountains with some friends and it was a perfect weekend of fun, games, and good times together. It also reminded me of how beautiful and incredible nature is. While I'm not really an outdoors-y/camping kind of person, I'm hoping to find some more opportunities to enjoy nature and the great outdoors this summer. 
3. // Still trying to make it a priority to explore my own city and visit local cafes and shops. There are so many great places that I haven't been to before and my list is getting long. A few weeks back, I visited a family-run Japanese cafe and their sweet treats and beautiful interior (with tons of handmade details) made me feel like I was back in Japan. Love! 
4. // Project Life is my main method of memory keeping these days. I'm nearly caught up with my 2015 album, but still have some gaps in my 2014 one. I decided to go back and finish a spread from September and I'll have a tutorial for this spread on the Studio Calico blog soon. 
5. // Remember my shoppe? The one that's been quite inactive? I'm hoping to revive it and I've designed some new printables that will go live this Friday, May 8th. After taking a break from designing for myself, it feels good to feel inspired again and get some new designs made. Here are some sneaks of two new sets of journaling cards you'll see in this upcoming update.
And that's it, for now. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment