Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Project Life 2015: April

My Project Life 2015 album is an ongoing project where I'm constantly shifting between catch-up mode and up-to-date mode. Right now, I'm in catch up mode - I've fallen a bit behind recently, with more spreads and stories to document than time I've got to spare. Though I'm only mid-way through April in my album, I'm still really happy with this project and my progress. I love my completed spreads and it's always fun looking back at what's happened so far this year. 

This right here is a spread from the beginning of April. I somehow managed to use cards from all of my new printable sets, and it was fun to mix and match them and see that they (unintentionally) coordinated well with each other. Some random notes:
  • I still find stories to be very important in my PL. I love photos, but I want to remember the little moments and details as well so I jot down as much as possible. Sometimes my spreads are more photo-centric, but this spread in particular has a lot of journaling to balance out the photos. I think it helps that I have small handwriting :)
  • I normally handwrite my journaling, but I decided to type my thoughts on the 'currently reading' journaling card before printing it out. I'm often asked what font I use for journaling and my go-to font is Aleo in size 7 or 8.
  • I debated between using my watercolor card as a filler card or a card for a story, and I ended up choosing the latter. I added a vellum circle + a cardstock circle right on top of my watercolor card to create a little journaling spot.
  • I'm slowly running out of the old Kelly Purkey alpha stickers that were sold at Simon Says Stamp a long time ago (oh no!), but I think these Elle's Studio ones are a good replacement. I used them to spell out 'Good Friday' on my yellow journaling card and then I added a Kelly Purkey stamp and my journaling.
  • The Recorded no.1 journaling cards? Super useful. I've printed out a third set already since I'm going through them so fast. 
  • If you look at the detail shot below, yes I'm still sewing my Design A page protectors. My ideal 12x12 page protector configuration looks like this with two 4x6 photos diagonal from each other (and the rest of the pockets as 3x4s). I haven't seen this configuation so far and as a result, I've been making my own. I really need to get my hands on the Fuse tool to save time!
I think that's it for now. How is your Project Life going?

No comments:

Post a Comment