Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Studio Calico's Fairground

Getting this post up late, but here it is. I just wanted to share what I made with Studio Calico's whimsical July kit - Fairground! Here we go.

ONE | Fairground Scrapbook Kit
I had fun with several of the patterned papers in the kits and decided to play around with layering them for this layout. I like how they make the page busy but not overwhelming. The acetate shapes are also really fun and I added one right in the middle of my page to create a visual triangle between the hot air balloon, cluster of blue stars, and my title.

PROJECT LIFE TOKYO | Fairground Project Life Kit
I'm really behind on Project Life right now so I decided to work with the most recent events and (hopefully) make my way backwards. I used the PL kit to create a double page spread on the couple of days I got to spend in Tokyo. I kept things quite simple with my photos and journaling, but embellished just a bit with the die-cuts and stamps included in this kit. I also used the tiny vellum geotags from the alpha sheet right on my photos :)


PROJECT LIFE TAIWAN | Fairground Project Life Kit, Cream Soda, Caramel Apple, Carousel
My next double page spread documents my short trip to Taiwan. This month's add-ons are really versatile and I mixed them all up for these pages. I also got to use the summertime stamp set I designed for SC which is found in Caramel Apple, and it makes me so happy :)

A big month for me, design-wise. I'm very excited that you can find my designs in several of the add-ons and kits this month:


  1. Fairground Printables
  2. Fairground Cut Files
  3. Fairground Project Life Kit // Project Life Cards
  4. Caramel Apple Add-on // 3x4 Summertime Stamp Set (+ digital stamp version)
  5. 4x6 Square Patterns Stamp Set (+ digital stamp version)
  6. 4x6 Workplace Stamp Set (+ digital stamp version)
  7. Cream Soda Add-on // Project Life Cards + 2x3 Book Stamp Set (+ digital stamp version)

6 comments:

  1. Love these spreads so much.Please what fonts do you use for your photos,large and small ones.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Brandon Grotesque for my titles and Aleo for my journaling. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Hi Geralyn- I stumbled onto your blog looking for mini album ideas and I don't usually leave comments but...WOW! Your project life and December Daily albums are amazing. Everything on your blog is beautifully and artfully photographed and your scrapbook skills are really inspiring. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment and your kind words! Glad I could provide a bit of inspiration for you :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Geralyn, I absolutely love your project life spreads. And I especially love the way you use digital fonts on your photos. Would you mind very much sharing which fonts you used on the project life spreads Taiwan and Tokyo? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Geralyn, I absolutely love your project life spreads. And I especially love the way you use digital fonts on your photos. Would you mind very much sharing which fonts you used on the project life spreads Taiwan and Tokyo? Thank you

    ReplyDelete