Friday, September 25, 2015

Tokyo 2015 Travel Mini // Part II

Since my brother and I only had a few days in Tokyo, we maximized our time by leaving early in the morning and coming home late at night (10:30-11:00PM). Neither of us are morning people, but our desire to immerse ourselves in Japan outweighed our desire to sleep in, ha.  We've both been to Tokyo before (separately and together), so it was an interesting experience to plan out our itinerary and figure out sights we both wanted to see and new places to explore.

I love the look of full size photos and was happy that I remembered to enlarge this photo on the right; it's an ordinary street photo but there's something about the tones and the morning scene captured that I really like.

I stamped 'Japanese convenience stores' with some Kelly Purkey alpha stamps - not perfect but I didn't want to redo it since there were so many letters to use, lol. I also stitched some onigiri sticky notes at the bottom because I thought they were cute :)

I kept the pamphlet from the garden and it was the perfect height to include in my book. I simply added some attacher tabs to the side, made with SC's attacher die.

At the garden, they had a small stamping station with a beautiful image of cherry blossoms. I stamped the stamp on paper they had provided and punched it out at home with my 2" circle punch. At first, I was a bit stumped because of the purple ink - I don't normally use the color purple in my projects. But the purple image turned out to be a perfect match with the hydrangeas photo, as well as the pop of color on my drink in the left photo. I love it when coincidences like that happen.

I had a 4x6 photo to use (on the left page) but my page protectors didn't match since they were all 3x4 pockets, so I simply cut the 4x6 photo in half. It actually turned out kinda cool for the photo to spread across both slots.

More sushi sticky notes, just because. I told you I was obsessed. The 'yum' stamp is from an old Kelly Purkey stamp set.

I cut apart a UNIQLO catalogue to make the 3x4 'shorts' card. It's fun to include memorabilia in unique ways, like turning it into a filler card. The 'summertime' card is from SC's Lauren add-on, an older kit that continues to be one of my favorites.

While I include a lot of regular 'tourist' shots in my book ("here's me with (insert tourist attraction here)"), I also like capturing ordinary moments, such as this picture of the busy metro scene in Tokyo. I think having photos such as this one in my album broaden the perspective and help me to remember little details and unassuming moments in between too, because they're all part of the overall travel experience.

The red card is from my Home Sweet Home set. I simply added some letter stickers and stamping. I like how it matches the red tones in my photos.

I brought home the paper coaster from the beer museum since I thought it made a great souvenir. I didn't want to trim it down to fit in one of the 3x4 pockets so I simply attached it to my pamphlet with a paper clip.

Shibuya Crossing: best use of the 'organized chaos' word strip, right here. The cars were stuck in traffic and blocked part of the crossing but the pedestrians simply navigated around them, ha.

More sticky notes. I love them, I really do. 

I'll post the next day soon! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. These pages are great! And I can totally understand the obsession with the sticky notes - very cute!

    ReplyDelete