Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Europe 2014 Album // France: Part II


I'm really liking this streamlined approach to my 9x12 Europe album. Having it be a mainly photo-centric album with simple details and lots of journaling makes it easy to work on without it getting too overwhelming. Here is another batch of spreads from our time in Paris.
(click to enlarge)
I bought a postcard at the Musée de L'Orangerie giftshop and it was packaged in this glassine envelope. The envelope was perfect for holding the museum pamphlet, so I simply punched holes on the left side and slipped the pamphlet inside.

Just a close-up of one of my Paris cards. I stamped the date and slipped the card in the top pocket.

(click to enlarge)

I decided to paperclip the postcard I bought to the opposite side of the envelope. It was sort of an odd size, so it worked here outside of the page protectors.

I used one of my Paris cards here since it matched the color of the scarf perfectly. 'Monet' was stamped using some Kelly Purkey stamps. For my journaling, I typed it out and cut it into strips to adhere on the card.

(click to enlarge)



A Recorded no.2 card + a Together card.

I brought my instax mini 50s camera with me on the trip and took quite a few instax photos. Sometimes, I ran out of space in my pocket page spread to have them each fill an individual slot, so I grouped the photos together and paperclipped them onto a card.

(click to enlarge)

I love having this mix of ordinary Parisian street photos and tourist-y shots in my album. The combination of details helps me recall little moments of our trip that may otherwise fade away in my memory.

Love these travel stamps by Christine Herrin x Kelly Purkey (digital version available here). I also used my Recorded no.2 Cards quite a bit for my journaling.

(click to enlarge)



The travelogue card is actually from my Los Angeles cards, but I'm pretty much printing out multiples of it and using it in all my travel albums, ha. The Eiffel Tower card is from my Paris set and I added a Studio Calico chipboard heart to embellish it a little.

(click to enlarge)

I had a 6x12 photograph I wanted to use of the Eiffel tower all lit up at night, but I didn't have any 6x12 page protectors. What I did instead was I divided the photo up into three 4x6 photos so that it could span three pockets of my spread. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I used two digital stamps on this photo before getting it printed. The bronze chipboard star is from Studio Calico.

Another Recorded no.2 card. I decided to embellish it a some washi tape I bought in Japan. The little moon and the cat walking along the rooftop were so cute and it seemed to be the perfect night scene to match my spread!

 Have you tried 9x12? I find it to be the perfect size for documenting a big trip. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Your album is absolutely beautiful. My travel albums are 12 by 12 until 2013. I'm currently using 9 by 12 for everything and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this size for an album and will have to try using one soon. Your pages are fabulous and I love how you handled the 6x12 photo of the Eiffel Tower. I'm always inspired to go print some pictures and create whenever I see your new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Simple and classy. I really like this size. Are they studio calico albums? I've got a 12x12 started for an Italy trip and now I'm thinking 9x12 might be more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using an American Crafts 12x12 album for now that I'm going to cut to make 9x12!

      Delete
  4. I love the Paris photo that you cut up! :) What 9x12 page protector did you use that has the three 4x6" pockets + 3 4x3"?

    Pam x
    http://craftedbypam.com

    ReplyDelete