Thursday, December 10, 2015

December Daily 2015 // Part II

I've been finding time here and there to work on my December Daily and I've got a couple more spreads to share today. Like I mentioned before, I started my album back in November since we already began doing festive things at the end of the month.

Nov 28 // STORY: Setting up the Christmas tree.
We always try to have the tree up before December hits. It takes quite a while to assemble, add lights, and decorate, but I love having it up because it's the first sign of Christmas at home. In between my spread, I added a gold transparency which is from the Ali Edwards 2015 DD kit. I think it looks really pretty on top of my bokeh tree photo.
(click to enlarge)


This 'hello Christmas' card is also from Ali's 2015 DD kit. It was originally a 4x6 card but I trimmed it so I could add grid paper at the bottom for my journaling. The wood veneer stars are old ones in my stash (from Studio Calico).
(click to enlarge)

I've been using lots of digital stamps on my photos lately - some that are my own and some from Studio Calico. The ones I used on this photo are from this lovely set that's designed by Tina (my fave!) for SC.

------------

Nov 29 // STORY: New ornaments.
I've got a couple of different stories about things that happened on the 29th. First up is our new ornaments for our Christmas tree. I had the idea to photograph them on a white board and print it out as a full size photo, so that it would look like a page from a magazine catalogue.

Nov 29// STORY: First Sunday of Advent.
One the opposite side, I added a photo of my niece I snapped at church and jotted down some thoughts on the start of the Advent season.
(click to enlarge)


I added the word 'merry' to my photo (from my 6x8 layered templates set) and typed 'let's be' right above it for my title. I also numbered the ornaments in Photoshop before printing because at the bottom of the photo, I wrote about where we bought each of them.

I also like incorporating bits of gold foil in my album. On top of this foil card (which is actually an Oh Joy for Target treat bag), I added a white wood veneer tree from Ali's 2015 DD kit and a few other little embellishments on top. Love the layered look.

------------

Nov 29 // STORY: Christmas crafts.
This is a simple page about making a holiday craft with my nephew. I had hoped to save the activity for December but he spotted the craft kit and wanted to make it now, so we put it together that evening.

Dec 1 // STORY: Starting my advent calendar.
On the opposite page is the start of December. Once again, I purchased the David's Tea advent calendar for the month and I added some photos of the first tin and the actual advent calendar. It's become a fun tradition to have a new cup of tea to try each day. 
(click to enlarge)



Couldn't resist adding the cute bear from my Good Cheer filler cards no.2 set! I figured a cutesy image would be fitting for this story.

On my photo, I added a digital stamp from my Wonderland no.2 stamps set. When taking photos, I try to keep in mind leaving some white space so that I have room for either a digital stamp, journaling or simple embellishments.

------------

Dec 2 // STORY: Holiday PJs.
I couldn't resist a quick photoshoot - cute kiddos + new PJs is a win/win. I also really like it when the day and number align...ie. two kids on December 2.

Dec 3 // STORY: Holiday cardmaking.
My friend and I have an annual tradition of getting together to make holiday cards, and that was easily the best story for this day. As you can tell, I'm keeping things pretty clean and simple for my album. It's helping me stay on track instead of falling far, far behind! 
(click to enlarge)



I'm slightly obsessed with this cute gingerbread man paper (from American Crafts). I added a little tab from my Good Cheer Elements no.2 set, and the wood veneer 2 is from an old Ali Edwards DD kit (2014?) that I misted red.
I was definitely inspired by Ali's grouping of embellishments in her Day 3, so I followed suit and did the same for mine. The joy wood veneer is from Studio Calico, as is the gold starry circle (I think!). The red card beside the '3' originally said 'all I want for Christmas', so I simply adhered some red patterned paper on top of it and stamped a new title. Both stamps are from a set that was included in Ali's 2014 DD kit.

That's all I have to share for now! I'm not working on the project daily, but instead I'm letting the stories accumulate and am making pages every couple of days or so. Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Another amazing part of your DD! You really have a good eye combining different cards and embellishments. I like it. And that 6x8 "let's be merry" looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are fabulous! I love the details you're capturing and really love your idea for the ornament page!

    ReplyDelete