Thursday, December 17, 2015

December Daily 2015 // Part III

How crazy is it that Christmas is just eight days away?! It's been a pretty good (but busy!) month so far and I've been savoring the holiday season as much as possible. Even so, time sure is flying by.


Dec 4 // STORY: Christmas dinner with friends. 
Just a simple page on the left with a selfie and some journaling cards to document the evening. Tina generously provided some freebies on her blog, and I used one here as a filler with some added sequins for a bit of bling. The pink card with my journaling is from my Wonderland cards no.2 set.

Dec 5 // STORY: Holiday memories.
I loved Ali's idea to create a pocket to house the number tags for her Day 5, so I did the same and created my own tag here on the right. On the back of the tags, I decided to journal about specific childhood memories from past Christmases.
(click to enlarge)

Ali's pocket idea is so genius and is one of my favorite pages in my album. I used a silver star transparency I found in my stash and simply added the numbers 05 on top. Sometimes I can be wary of mixing metallics, but I like how it turned out here.
------------

Dec 5 // STORY: Decorating the mantels.
I made a 'Merry Christmas' banner for one of our mantels (easy peasy, using my Silhouette) so I decided to photograph our mantels and journal about the Christmas decor around home.
(click to enlarge)



I had fun decorating the back of the tag/pocket with the silkscreens that are included in Ali Edwards' 2015 December Daily kit. The silver paint is so lovely!

I liked having a bold pop of green in my album. This Deck the Halls card is from my Good Cheer cards no.1 set.

------------

Dec 6 // STORY: A holiday treat.
This was a simple page about macarons! A local pastry shop released a whole bunch of seasonal flavors for the holidays, and I couldn't resist getting some. The candy cane macaron was my favorite :)

Dec 7 // STORY: Wishlist.
I didn't really do anything on the 7th, so I simply punched holes in an envelope to include it in my album and slipped a little wishlist inside.
(click to enlarge)

Another fun freebie card from Tina! These embellishments are a bunch of old ones in my stash...mainly from Studio Calico I believe.


------------


Dec 8 // STORY: Holiday shopping.
I fell in love with Anthropologie's gift guide this year, so I decided to cut out a few of the pages from the catalogue and use them to create dividers in my album. That's what you see on this page on the right, which I thought was fitting since my December 8 story is about holiday shopping at Anthro. 
(click to enlarge)
So that the divider page would be easier to flip, I added a gold foil circle label on the edge, as well as some word stickers.
(click to enlarge)

On the backside of the divider is another page from the Anthro catalogue. I added some photos on the right and created a normal spread using four 3x4 pockets. We also stopped by a local ice cream shop after dinner to try seasonal flavors - Gingerbread ice cream and Baked Apple ice cream ftw!


I scanned this stamp by Jasmine Jones and turned it into a Silhouette cut because I wanted to use it on top of the Anthro catalogue image. I love how it looks!

I found this tree paper in my stash and added an Ali Edwards scrip sticker (from her 2015 DD kit) on top. Simple but festive! That's basically my motto this year.

Thanks for looking! I've got lots of pages to work on still and am hoping to knock out a bunch this weekend. #letsdothis.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy in love with with these pages. Where is the awesome. Red stripe envelope from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came in a really old Studio Calico kit!

      Delete
  2. Love these pages! Love the addition of the Anthropologie pages - great idea! I am really starting to wish I had ordered Ali's main kit instead of the mini that I got...

    ReplyDelete