Friday, December 18, 2015

December Daily 2015 // Part IV


And the countdown begins...7(!!) days until Christmas. I've got another batch of pages to share from my December Daily today. I stayed up late last night to finish off a few little details and have completed my spreads til December 10. I have photos and stories in mind for the days after that...I just need a good chunk of time to work on it. But anyway, here we go.


Dec 8 // STORY: Holidays at the White House.
My brother messaged us some photos from his tour of the White House and the holiday decor was so pretty there that I decided to include it in my album, with a note about his visit. I don't normally include other people's photos/events in my DD if I wasn't involved in the event, but it was nice to change things up and have a family member's perspective, especially from another part of the world. To separate this left page from my Dec 9, I used a 2" square pocket page protector (with the last column cut off) as a divider.
(click to enlarge)
I spent quite a bit of time digging through my stamp stash to combine the right words and alpha stamps for my title, then realized after the fact that I also have this card in digital form and could have just added the text in Photoshop. Oops. At least I'm happy with the result!

This was originally a 4x6" card (from my Good Cheer cards no.3 set) but I simply trimmed the right side so that it could fit in the 3x4" pocket.

I find the 2" pockets a bit time consuming to fill but they are so much fun! The winter heart stamp is from Tina of LifeLovePaper (it's sold out but the digital version is still available here), as is the joy stamp (from this set Tina designed for my class I taught earlier this year). I added the Noel tab so that the insert would be easier to flip.

------------

Dec 9 // STORY: Holiday crafts. 
Just an ordinary day at home with a bit of holiday crafting thrown in. My nephew and I made snowflakes to hang on the tree. Love that he loves crafting with me.
(click to enlarge)
The Cozy stamp and December stamp are from the LifeLovePaper set again (digital here). You'll also spy a couple embellishments from Ali Edward's 2015 DD kit - the white tree and the wood veneer star.

The 'made with love' sticker is one of my favorites and it's from SC's Tin Man embellishment kit. Glad I found the perfect place for it here.

------------


Dec 10 // STORY: Signs of the Holidays.
December 10 was a busy day and I've got a lot of page to share. First up is a spread about some time spent downtown, white Christmas trees, twinkle lights in restaurants and the festive atmosphere everywhere. 
(click to enlarge)

The Good Cheer card is from my Good Cheer cards no.1 set. I love having cards like this to jot down my journaling! I adhered the Dec flair outside of my page protector because it was kinda bulky and I like how it matches the patterned screenprint design behind it.
This happy holidays card from Ali's 2015 DD kit was originally plain black. I wanted room for my journaling though so I fussy cut the bottom part below the phrase and added grid paper. I also adhered sequins on top and used my white pen to draw dotted lines, so that they would look like they were hanging!

------------

Dec 10 // STORY: Gingerbread Lane + a giant Christmas tree.
Next up, we stopped by a couple of hotels downtown. One of them had an annual gingerbread display with entries that range from amateurs and high schoolers to professionals. It's become a tradition to check them out each year. On the opposite side, I added a full size photo I got with the beautiful Christmas tree at another hotel. I added a star transparency in between the pages. 
(click to enlarge)


I positioned a chipboard star on top of one of the stars on the transparency, and I think it looks pretty cool when overlaid on my photo.
(click to enlarge)




------------

Dec 10 // STORY: Lights of Hope.
We were heading to a church downtown for a concert and saw this beautiful light display at the hospital. I didn't realize how close the hospital and the church were so it was a happy coincidence! Stars stars stars ftw.
(click to enlarge)


The 'Merry Christmas' is a digital stamp from my Good Cheer stamp brushes no.1 set. I typed a phrase underneath it and added some stars from my stash and Ali's kit.

I'm kinda obsessed with the star screenprint + silver paint in Ali's 2015 DD kit. So, so cool.

I was looking for the perfect opportunity to use my filler card (from my Good Cheer filler cards no.2 set) and was happy to include it here!

----------

Dec 10 // STORY: Christmas concert.
One final spread for December 10! We ended our evening with a traditional Christmas concert by the local symphony orchestra. It was our first time going to one of these things and it was really awesome. The music was lovely and they even got us to sing along to a few of the Christmas carols. In the Starbucks card on the right, I slipped in the program from the evening as well as our tickets. 
(click to enlarge)



I originally printed out a black and white photo of the church, but it didn't look that nice so I added this vellum piece on top. It's one I've been hoarding forever, back when Tina sold screenprint packs in her shop. Thought it was fitting here!

Thanks for taking a look :) Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think these pages may be my favorite so far! Love, love, love the Happy Holidays card with the falling stars! And the full page photo of the holiday lights! Thanks for sharing the album and inspiring me to make mine even though I don't have something for every day.

    ReplyDelete