Sunday, January 31, 2016

Studio Calico // Arendal

I realize I've been behind with blogging my Studio Calico projects, so I thought I'd share my January layouts before February comes around tomorrow(!). I'm making more layouts for SC this year, and while I am continuing with Project Life as my primary memory keeping method, these layouts are a fun addition to my documenting and a nice way to continue to experiment creatively.

BASHO 

I made this layout about one of my favorite cafes in the city with just the January scrapbook kit, and there were so many great bits and pieces I wanted to use. I created a funky grid and arranged the pieces around my photo...lots of little embellishments to help support my story.

YVR

This is another layout I made with the January scrapbook kit. I kept it quite simple with the focus on one of my favorite photos I snapped late last year, and I used the large vellum alphas to spell the airport code for Vancouver. Love those alphas.

Two

I used primarily the Canal Street embellishment kit for this layout. The kit comes with some fun transparency squares and puffy circle stickers, two of my favorite things. I combined both for this simple grid layout about my niece and nephew.

Snow Day

I wrote a tutorial about this layout process for the SC blog a few weeks back (over here). I fell in love with the snowflake stamp in the Lyngor add-on and had a blast using it to add some playful touches to this layout. The pink ink I used to stamp on the pink part of the patterned paper is Pink Lemonade and it's one of my current favorite colors.

That's it! I'll be back with my February projects soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment