Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Europe 2014 Album // France: Part IV


Today I'm sharing the final pages I have completed so far in my 2014 Europe travel album; these spreads document our last days in France. We knew we wanted to take a day trip while in Paris so we chose Giverny to see Monet's home and gardens. I've mentioned before how special this place was to me since I'm a big fan of Monet's work, and I'm really happy with how my spreads and photos from this mini-trip turned out.

(click to enlarge)

April was the perfect time to visit Monet's home and gardens. There were so many beautiful flowers in bloom that I got pretty snap-happy with my camera. I decided to use a 9x12 page protector with twelve 3" pockets on the right side of my spread so I could include all my favorite photos.


The glassine envelope in the middle of the left spread is from a past Studio Calico kit. I added vellum Color Theory alphas on the label and put our tickets inside.


I also had some other ephemera I wanted to include that I simply added between my pages. I decided to hole punch our train ticket to Giverny so that I could slip it in - easy peasy. I used a glassine envelope for the postcards I bought at the gift shop; I like that the semi-transparentness of the envelope allows the postcard designs to still be visible even though they're in the pocket.

(click to enlarge)

Here's the other side of the spread! I used some Paislee Press digitals that I bought specifically with these photos in mind. I thought the designs went so well with my pictures :)

(click to enlarge)

After Giverny, we headed back to Paris and went to the Louvre. I had a lot of photos I wanted to include so I used a 6x12 insert on the right side.


(click to enlarge)


I added a tab (I believe it's an old Basic Grey sticker) to my insert to make flipping it easier. I rarely use 4x6 filler cards but I really liked how this bright orange striped card (from a past Studio Calico kit) coordinated well with the warm tones of my photos in the museum.


I used the 'simple little moments' card from my Recorded no.2 printable set to document some highlights in the Louvre.

(click to enlarge)
My final spread documents our last morning in Paris before we caught the train to Brussels. Lots of slow wandering and relaxing which the perfect way to end off this leg of our journey.


The 'snapshot' card is from Recorded cards no.2. The 'food coma' card is from Let's Eat.


I ran out room for all my instax photos so I simply paper-clipped them to a pocket.

And that's it for France! Time to pull this project out again and work on my Belgium spreads next. Thanks for coming by today! :)

2 comments: