Thursday, March 3, 2016

Studio Calico // Homespun

Studio Calico's March kits are now live and I'm here to show you my projects this month! I mainly played with the Scrapbook kit and the gorgeous Purl add-on, but I'll be putting together another project for the SC blog later on so I'm looking forward to using some of the other new releases as well. I'm also eyeing the cute Patch add-on for those weather-themed products and I love world map stamp bundle! Lots of good things.

Paradise
I made this layout with the main kit and I just had to combine some of my favorite things in the kit - the alphas, the beautiful patterned papers, and the screenprint! I experimented with using a mix of orange and yellow paint to get an ombre gradient on the silkscreen leaf, and it turned out awesome.


Yes
My second main kit only layout this month features the cool 6" transparencies in the scrapbook kit. I simply used them like patterned paper to create the background of my page. Once again, I used the silkscreen in the kit to make an embellishment - I love that thing! The 'make it count' stamp is in reference to enjoying the last days of summer and soaking up all the sunshine and warm weather as much as possible before it's gone :)


Treasured Memory
When I saw the colors and embellishments in the Purl add-on, I knew right away I wanted to use photos from my niece's first birthday party. The party's color scheme was mint, peach and gold which perfectly matched this add-on! I kept the layout quite simple so that it wouldn't detract from the photos, and I simply used some coordinating embellishments from the kit.


Good news for those who were interested in the stamp sets I designed for SC's scrapbook kit last month but weren't subscribers. They are now available individually in the SC shop - take your pick between the Today stamp set or the Valentine stamp set!
And finally, don't forget that there are new subscriber workshops this month for the scrapbook kit and the documenter kit! I'm excited to see that Jamie Waters and Kelly Noel are teaching; they're two of my favorites that often inspire me to see products in new ways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment