Wednesday, May 18, 2016

2016 Project Life // Washington D.C.


Back in March, I spent a couple of days with family in Virginia & Washington DC. I haven't been there in 15(!) years, so it was a lot of fun exploring and experiencing these places as an adult. I have barely any recollection of our past trips since I probably spent most of my time playing with my cousins, ha.

We hung out at the National Mall, got to visit a few of the Smithsonian museums, catch up with relatives, and my favorite thing - see the peak bloom of the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin. Pure magic. I'll have to catch up with blogging some photos for my (sadly neglected) Travel Tuesday posts but since I finished my Project Life spreads summarizing this trip, I thought I'd post those first!

Here's a look at the double-page spread together:


This trip inspired me to make a set of Washington DC printable cards (+ digital stamps), and I used several of those to document my adventures. Here's the left side:

In a Creative Bubble products: Washington DC cards (DC card, Nation's Capital card), Recorded cards no.4 (Adventurers cards), Washington DC digital stamps, Foodie digital stamps



I used digital brushes right on my photos before printing, for some subtle embellishing. I take so many photos when I travel and I love coming across gems like this one that stand out to me - the silhouettes of my family, walking around in DC during sunset.


Here's the right side:

In a Creative Bubble products: Washington DC cards (wander card), Spring cards (hello spring card), Recorded cards no.3 (everyday explorers card), Local Wanderer digital stamps, Washington DC digital stamps, Magic digital stamps

Combined a digital stamp from the Local Wanderer set and the 'Georgetown' stamp from the DC set and added them right on this photo. The buildings in Georgetown are so beautiful.



I couldn't get enough of the cherry blossoms! The digital stamps here are from the Magic set :)


Other products used:

This was a super fun trip and I'm glad I got a summary of it in my Project Life. I do want to make a more detailed mini-album, but that's on my long list of future projects. Happy Wednesday! xo.

2 comments:

  1. Great page! What page protector "letter" is this? I love the format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a Design A! I just used the Fuse tool to turn two of the 4x6 pockets into more 3x4 ones.

      Delete