Friday, July 1, 2016

Studio Calico // Scout & Pool Party

I haven't shared my layouts for Studio Calico in a while, simply because I've been traveling and haven't had time to catch up with all the blog entries I want to post. But I thought I'd squeeze in a bit of time to post them today! Here's what I made with their June Scout and July Pool Party kits:

China
I fell in love with the wood veneer piece in the Scout scrapbook kit, and decided to pair that with a nightscape photo from one of my recent trips. Though the layout is simple, I really liked the overall look with the bits of gold foil on the stars and the dark pink transparency. Love it when products and photos work well together!

Darling
This is another layout with the Scout kit. There was a patchwork patterned paper that was really interesting to me, so I cut it up and pieced together a heart shape. To add interest to my layout, I used foam adhesive behind some of the squares and doodled dotted lines and hearts on a couple of other ones. I adore Jasmine's handlettered gold words and used the 'darling' one as my title.


Love this Life
Combined the Scout kit with the Finch add-on, which has a great combination of patterned papers and little embellishments. I decided to stamp directly on my photo and made good use of the white space there!

Be
I love a good alpha stamp set, and the Jacob alphas are lots of fun. I paired them with different Color Theory inks for a bold title on my page about my niece and nephew. Gifting this one to my sister!

Vienna
This is my first layout with Pool Party. I knew I had to find a photo to match this beautiful painted patterned paper, and a recent one from my summer trip to Europe was perfect. The alpha stickers are a great size for layouts.


Kyoto
I knew I had to use those incredible alphas in Pool Party somehow. I decided to spell out 'Kyoto' and keep my layout simple with some photo I printed in a grid design. The bold title with the little photos keep the layout balanced and clean.

Go

Another layout where I let product inspire the page. Loved this chevron paper and found a fun photo to go with it. I clustered some of the embellishments above my photo and let my stamping overlap on top of my photo for a fun look.


Don't forget about the monthly workshops for more inspiration and one last thing...there's a new class over at Studio Calico taught by the ever-so-talented Catherine Davis. Check out Design School for all the inspiration you need for making pages that 'wow'! Catherine is the perfect teacher to lead you in exploring layout design and concepts like pattern, movement and typography. Class starts soon so be sure to sign up!

1 comment:

  1. I always love your layouts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete