Monday, August 1, 2016

Studio Calico // Young at Heart

I can't believe it's already the first of August. Summer is passing by so quickly; I wish time slowed down just a bit so I could savor every bit of this season...the sunshine, the warm weather, the outings and explorations around the city...I love summer!

Anyway, since it's the first of the month, I'm here today to share my Studio Calico layouts with you. Their August Young at Heart kits are now live, and they are a colorful mix of my fave embellishments, bright colors and lots of fun patterns. I played with the scrapbook kit to make three layouts. Be sure to also check out the beautiful mini-book kit that Tina designed for her upcoming Details mini-book class!

M
I had this cute photo of my niece and I found that a lot of the elements in the scrapbook kit worked well with documenting this photo. Lots of cute die-cuts and puffy shapes, and the silver foil sprinkles paper was festive and the perfect nod to her celebrating her recent birthday.


EU
This layout is a fun mix of the different bits and pieces in the scrapbook kit. The stamps in the kit work together with the cut-apart journaling cards patterned paper so you can customize them with any sentiment or phrase you want. For this layout, I chose 'travelogue'. The background was a bit plain so I ended up doodling on it with my white pen.

Oh Snap
I decided to keep it simple for my last layout! I adore the alphas and the chipboard shapes in the scrapbook kit and used those as my embellishments. Just a quick layout on Snapchat...who else is loving this app? :)


Don't forget there are new workshops each month and as I said, Tina's mini-book workshop is now enrolling. Her minis are my favorite and I cannot wait to see what she makes!

1 comment:

  1. These pages are so cute and creative! I especially love the first one you shared. Feeling so inspired, I want to go create some traditional scrapbook pages now!

    ReplyDelete