Wednesday, October 12, 2016

2016 Project Life // Central Europe


Back in the summer, I travelled around Central Europe and visited ten cities in four countries. I'm sure I'll eventually document this trip, the memorabilia I collected, and all the little details in a separate travel album, but for now I wanted to make sure a summary of my adventure made its way into my Project Life.

I ended up making five 12x12 spreads for my album. To streamline the process, I edited and printed my photos all in one go, since that normally takes me the longest. I used one 4x6 photo per city and labelled each 4x6 with the city name, country, and date(s) visited. The rest of the pockets are a mix of 3x4 photos and printable journaling cards from my store. I laid out all my photos and journaling cards first, then went ahead and added bits of embellishments to my pictures and cards. As always, the last step in my process is to finish things off with journaling on the cards.

Here's a look at my spreads:


In a Creative Bubble products: Awesome cards (hip hip hooray card),  Travelogue cards no.3 (here we go card), Vancouver cards (here + there card)




In a Creative Bubble products: Good Stuff cards (01/02 card), Vancouver cards (raincloud card), Click cards (take a picture card), Journey cards (moments card)


I added a bit of stamping (with a stamp I designed for Studio Calico) to the cloud on my filler card. I used one of my favorite blue ink pads - Color Theory's Something Blue.


In a Creative Bubble products: Recorded cards no.4 (awesome card), Japan cards no.2 (always on the go card), Travelogue cards no.1 (travelogue card, adventurer card)

I added washi tape ticket strips to the edges of my adventurer card since I thought they were fitting and liked how they added pops of color.



In a Creative Bubble products: Everyday Adventure cards (adventuring card), Friendship cards (good times circle card, yellow card), Travelogue cards no.2 (explore card)




In a Creative Bubble cards: Journey cards (enjoy the journey card), Summer cards no.2 (summer card), Vancouver cards (explore flag card), Travelogue prompt cards (go card)

The bear tab is actually a little piece of washi tape that I stuck on an orange scrap. I stapled it to the corner of my photo and added a word sticker that says 'wild thing'. Love how that turned out!


Other products used:

So glad to finish up these spreads and have this trip documented in my Project Life! Thanks for taking a look and I hope they inspire you to work on your own albums. Happy Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Geralyn, beautiful spreads!! I love your style! ❤️❤️ I just wanted to ask: what fonts do you use for the city name and the dates? And what washi tape is that on the let's be adventurers card? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The washi tape is MT from Japan and the font is Lulo.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! 😄😄😄 I love your PL spreads

      Delete
  2. I second Monica - both in that I love those pages and that I'm curious about the font :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great spreads! I also wondered what font you used?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these spreads, such lovely colours especially the pop of yellow! I’d love to know how you print your 3x4 photos.. I set mine up side by side and print them on 6x4 but I always get one smaller and one bigger photo after printing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Wish I could be more help but I do the same...I put two 3x4 photos on a 4x6 and print that way and haven't had any issues. Perhaps you can figure out which side is getting printed bigger and compensate for that before printing?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, I love your style and your photos are beautiful.

    What design are your 12x12 pages? As I can't seem to find them on the website that I buy my supplies from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been altering my own page protectors to fit my needs! This is a Design A...I used my fuse tool to turn two of the 4x6 pockets into more 3x4 ones.

      Delete