Tuesday, December 13, 2016

December Daily 2016 // Part II


Sharing some pages from my album today. I decided to include some stories from November since they give context to my album/why I didn't start on December 1st, and they're holiday related :)

November 13
While in Tokyo, we stayed near the Tokyo Dome and got to walk by their winter illuminations every night on our way home. So festive - definitely a fun start to the holiday season and a great way to begin my album.
(click to enlarge)




To indicate that we were away from home, I typed ' Tokyo' on the middle of one of my 4x6 photos and added a digital stamp from the Joyful brush set no2.

I thought this journaling card had the perfect sentiment for my story. I added some word stickers and sequins to my photo beside it.

November 15-17
I didn't actually date these pages, but I decided to simply use this spread to make a summary of all the winter illuminations we saw around the city instead of dedicating one spread for each one.
(click to enlarge)



I'm pretty sure stars are going to play a major part in my album! They're my favourite embellishment/shape to use during Christmastime.

I used a holiday prompt card for my journaling card. To embellish it a little, I added washi tape to the bottom and a small puffy heart.
(click to enlarge)

The flip side of the two-slot 3x4 page protector has a few more photos I printed out.

The envelope is for some more personal journaling. Washi tape is from Japan, and the 'happy Christmas' stamp is an old one from Ali Edwards!

November 18 (right side)
I had a Starbucks bag for ephemera but I think it got thrown out :( So I just used some regular journaling cards and patterned paper for my story of trying a snow pecan nut frappuccino in Tokyo. It's one of their holiday drinks that I wish we had back home - so good!
(click to enlarge)


A close-up of the back of the envelope! The 'good cheer' stamp is from Ali Edwards' Cheer stamp set and the other one is an old one from Elle's Studio. The little tree sticker is from Japan :)

More stuff from my stash! The black and white card is from the Paislee Press mini kit and the 'holly jolly' banner is from the Joyful elements no.2 set.

December 3 
Just another quick page documenting some of my favourite things about Christmastime in the Philippines. We didn't do anything specifically holiday-related but I love the giant Christmas trees, the holiday decor, and the parols everywhere. Didn't manage to get a good parol photo so I just used one from google.
(click to enlarge)


I did the same thing as my Tokyo spread - I typed 'Manila' on the photo to indicate where we were, and added a digital stamp from the Joyful brushes no.1 set. I think the plastic starburst is from one of the old December Daily kits. To cover the adhesive, I just added a star sequin on top.

The 'YES' chipboard letters are super old ones from Basic Grey, circa 2009. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of them! The 'twinkle twinkle' rubber piece is from Ali's December Daily kit last year.

I'm slowly making progress! How's your album going?

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Geralyn. Would you mind telling me the name of the font you used for the words Tokyo and Manilla?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember, sorry! I didn't save the PSD file so I couldn't go back to look at the layers.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to know what that font is too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember, sorry! I didn't save the PSD file so I couldn't go back to look at the layers.

      Delete
  4. When you say typed (TOKYO and MANILA), you did in photoshop right? Is there any chance you can share the font that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember, sorry! I didn't save the PSD file so I couldn't go back to look at the layers.

      Delete