Wednesday, October 1, 2014

SC Classes // Send Joy + Paint.Plan.Play

Happy October everyone! Two new and exciting classes have been announced at Studio Calico and I wanted to share about them here today. They are fantastic and I'm so looking forward to the class lessons for two reasons: 1. the teachers are true experts and are incredibly inspiring and 2. both classes cover topics I love and am really interested in - holiday cardmaking & art/painting.

First up is Send Joy with Lisa Spangler! Lisa is one of my favorite cardmakers and I'm so glad she's teaching another class at SC. Her + holiday cards = so good. While I make cards throughout the year, Christmastime really is the time when I have to make the most cards and I could sure use some inspiration!

Here's the class description: The Yuletide season is upon us and that means it’s time to send hand-crafted greeting cards and tags for those you hold nearest and dearest. In Send Joy Lisa Spangler will show you how to create 15 cards and 5 tags in bulk so that you can send them to 100 of your closest friends. Provide your entire Christmas list with handmade cards made with care.

----------------

The second class is Paint.Plan.Play with Ashley G! This class is all about paint and art techniques, and Ashley G is the perfect teacher to show you how to bring out your creative talents and get messy with paint for scrapbooking. Her instagram feed is so fun and I know she'll bring that playfulness and whimsical style to this class.

Here's the class description: We've all experienced it – the frustration of sitting in front of a blank page for hours and still coming up empty. Well, we've got the remedy: cutting-edge artist Ashley Goldberg. Ashley’s come wielding her brush and paints to invite you into Paint.Plan.Play, an “art” class designed for scrapbookers. Grab the paints and brushes you've been collecting and let Ashley help you tap into the creativity you've got hiding inside yourself. 

During the first half of Paint.Plan.Play, you’ll explore core painting techniques Ashley uses every day, then you will transition into putting those new skills to use in several projects. With Ashley’s expert guidance, you will learn how to take control of color, pattern, and text by using paint, collage, and various other mediums to add allure to all your paper crafting projects – from personally designed journal layouts to Project Life spreads. 

----------------

I think my favorite part of SC's new class reveal on the first of each month is seeing what coordinating class supplies they release. This month is no exception and they pretty much knocked it out of the park with the new shop items!

There are tons of new stamp sets, dies, and letterpress plates that are perfect for the Send Joy class. SC brought back some old favorites (that Mama Elephant stamp!!) and collaborated with some great designers like Kelly Purkey + JJ Bolton to producse more awesome sets. Here are a few things that have caught my eye:

Even better...there are two promos that go with this class! Definitely worth it to take advantage of the promos this week and get a good deal on the class supplies:

As for Paint.Plan.Play, I love that Ashley G collaborated with SC to design some awesome products to coordinate with her class. These are some class supplies that are currently in my basket:

Don't they all look incredible? I have to finalize my basket and then I'll be checking out soon! Cannot wait to get my hands on these goodies and for the classes to start. Hope to see you in the classrooms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment