Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December Daily 2015 // Part I

December is looking to be quite busy already but I dedicated some time this past Saturday to catch up with my December Daily album. I can't believe this is my sixth year working on this annual project! I love looking at my past albums, and am excited to have another one to add to my collection. It brings me so much joy to see how we celebrate the holday season throughout the years and what things change or remain the same.

Some notes on my mini this year:

  • I'm using a 6x8 white album, which was included in Ali Edwards' December Daily 2014 kit.
  • I am not doing this project daily but am going to focus on documenting only holiday moments in this book. What that means is that sometimes I'll have multiple stories/pages for a day or I may skip a day entirely. I also started my album early with a few events that took place in November. I plan on keeping most things things chronological instead of shifting stories to fill days, and I'm totally ok with doing it this way and sometimes having gaps in days. I love that there's no right or wrong to this project.
  • The only new supplies I bought this year are Ali Edwards' December Daily 2015 main kit and these tab stickers. I'll also be using my printables, Studio Calico kits (mainly Tin Man, Ruby Slippers, Big Spring & Highlands), and my extensive holiday stash.
  • I'm printing all my photos at home for ease and convenience, so that I can attempt to keep up with this project.
  • I love Christmastime :)

TITLE PAGE

Here's a look at my title page this year. I fell in love with this 'the most wonderful time of the year' transparency overlay that is included in Ali Edwards' DD2015 kit, and I knew I wanted it to be at the front and center of my album. In order to ensure that the phrase could be read clearly, I carefully planned the background so that it would still be festive but would not detract from the words.
(click to enlarge)
I used a 6x8 page protector that has 2" square pockets for the page behind the overlay. I cut three different patterned vellum papers into 2" squares and layered them on white cardstock for a very subtle look - the patterns are white constellations, white chevrons, and a pale bronze floral.
On a couple of the squares, I added some simple embellishments from Studio Calico and the Ali Edwards DD2015 kit and I kept most things neutral. I kinda love the white-on-white look of these Cascade alpha stickers on a few of the white vellum pieces.

INTRO PAGES
(click to enlarge)

Behind the 2" white cardstock squares, I stamped a letter on each card to spell out "Happy Holiday". I'm really happy with how it turned out! The serif alpha is Studio Calico's Oliver stamp set, but unfortunately I don't think it's available anymore.
I filled the right side of the spread with holiday cards from my shoppe (Wonderland cards no.1, Good Cheer cards no.2, Good Cheer filler cards no.2, and Recorded cards - Christmas Edition). On the 'celebrate the season' card I wrote about my intentions for this album and what I'm looking forward to this holiday season.

That's all for now! I'll share more spreads soon. How is your DD going so far?

4 comments:

  1. Geralyn, this is amazing! I especially love your title page. Those white stickers on white paper look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous. I'm obsessed with that "Happy Holiday" page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this start to your book! Really like the 2x2 pocket page! I'll be making my album after the holiday when I have some time off but I'm collecting memories and photos all month long.

    ReplyDelete